Happy Birthday!

This story will be about the birthday of a very special person, I think you guys know who. I don't own Dropkick on my Devil, just my OC's.

Hotaru spent hours and hours on working a whole schedule out for this day. What was it? It's Yurine's birthday. Of course, Yurine was not much of a celebratory person and so Hotaru wasn't going to make anything grand. However, because of all the recent happenings with Jashin Chan and all, he wants Yurine to feel special or something. He even went as far as to convince their boss to have Yurine take the day off. Of course, he also made sure to keep Jashin Chan at bay by encouraging her to make food and prepare decorations with the help of Medusa. All that was left was to convince Yurine to hangout with him.

"Hmm, excuses." Hotaru mumbles out loud. "What's a good excuse to keep Yurine busy with me?"

Hotaru is well aware that Yurine is a very cautious and perspective person and not any ordinary old excuse would definitely put her on edge. However, since it's her birthday, any weird action he would pull off would probably be acknowledged as something that would happen specifically for this day. After all, Yurine is one of the most prospective people he knows. At the very least, he was able to manage to invite Yurine on a trip to a zoo near Jimbocho which both of them haven't been there since early childhood days. He claims it as a get together time, but it was probably too fishy. After dressing up and putting on his jacket, Hotaru prepares to get ready.

"Well, time to meet up with Yurine." Hotaru said, looking up on the clock.

~Couple minutes later...

Awaiting at the front of the zoo's entrance is Yurine who's waiting patiently for her friend. Yurine just so happens to be around the area so she arrived earlier than the scheduled meeting time. This surprised Hotaru as he didn't expect Yurine to be ahead of schedule.

"Sup Birthday Girl." Hotaru said from behind Yurine.

"Hey." Yurine said with a smile. "This place sure brings back memories."

Hotaru and Yurine took a nice long stare at the so which is about twice as big as it was since they last visited it.

"Before it used to be not much but a large petting zoo and now it has giraffes, tigers, kangaroos and more." Hotaru said. "Are you looking forward to this?"

"Yeah, let's go."

Once Yurine and Hotaru entered the zoo, they took a map from a bin near the entrance so they could see where they want to head towards. Since it's her birthday, Yurine gets to choose where they want to go. In this case, the petting area where the rabbits are. This part of the zoo is also the original location and so it was also a place where they both wanted to start the trip.

"Wow, they have separate sections on animals you can touch." Hotaru notices. "Mammals, reptiles, birds and insects!"

"No insects. I hate bugs." Yurine stated.

Of course, they started with the mammals where Yurine can play with the rabbits and Hotaru can feed the goats and sheep. After one of the sheep starts to gnaw on Hotaru's shirt, the duo decides to head to the aviary. Once inside, the pair were greeted by birds of all colors. After spending a couple yen on bird food, Yurine and Hotaru were able to feed the parrots and cockatoos. Unfortunately, while doing so, one of the parrots pooped on Yurine's arm while she was feeding it. This was enough for Hotaru to burst out in laughter and that cost him two broken fingers. Thankfully for Yurine, there was a cleaning station for when such events happen. Next off is the reptile house.

"Hey! Hey! Yurine, look!" Hotaru calls out.

Yurine, who's holding a bearded dragon, sees Hotaru who's holding a green python.