The Girl Named Medusa.

Next chapter is here! Enjoy how Hotaru interacts with the new girl!

It's been about two weeks since Jashin Chan was brought upon this side of the world and Hotaru concerns have been lifted somewhat. There is the occasional screaming from next door which is heard when he's streaming, but he has learned to adapt to the new noises. When at work, he will ask Yurine on how she's doing out of concern every once in a while, but she always says that she's fine and will talk to him if she ever needs help.

Today, Hotaru is planning to play games with Yurine. Thus, he has permission to go to her place and grab her personal controller and games since Yurine said that she was going to go shopping and be a bit late. For Hotaru, it's odd for Yurine to go shopping, but he decided to put that thought aside. Jashin Chan should be out either gambling or buying random things till noon according to Yurine so she should be out as of right now.

"Let's see, I think I should head over now." Hotaru said after setting up the game system.

It's extremely rare for them to be playing games together since they're schedules only allow them to hangout in between school and work. It just so happens that Hotaru had an early shift and Yurine doesn't have classes for today since her professor is out sick. Hotaru enjoys these rare moments where they can relive old memories and he made sure to prepare everything ahead of time. When Hotaru exited his door, he heard the sound of people talking next door. In this case, Yurine's place.

Is Jashin Chan back? Hotaru wondered. If so, then who's the other voice?

Hotaru does have the key to Yurine's room, but he felt like knocking instead. When he knocked, the conversation ended and was replaced by the sound of someone sliding across the floor.

"Hello?" Jashin Chan asks as she opens the door. "Oh, it's you."

"Glad to see you too." Hotaru said through a forced smile. "Mind telling me who you're with?"

"Nobody." Jashin Chan said while looking to her left.

Hotaru can easily tell that this devil is lying. He can't decide if she's actually trying to hide the fact that she is hiding someone or not.

"Is someone at the door Jashin Chan?" asks a voice from behind Jashin Chan.

"Outta my way." Hotaru said as he slams Jashin Chan against the wall as he enters. "Let's see who you brought inside."

As Hotaru made his way towards Yurine's living room, he was stopped by a sudden force. To Hotaru's utmost surprise, he saw a purple-haired girl with pretty revealing clothes. Something in Hotaru could immediately tell that this girl isn't human. Still, he offers his hand to the fallen girl.

"You are not turning to stone." the girl says in awe.

"What?" Hotaru asks as he walks closer to the girl. "Who are you?"

"My name is Medusa." the girl said as her back hit the wall. "I'm one of Jashin Chan's friends."

"Ahh, another devil has come." Hotaru said.

Hotaru could tell that this devil had a completely different aura in comparison to the freeloader. Still, he can't be too careful. Hotaru decided to take action and leaned towards Medusa and smiled which activates his own devil powers.

"Tell me, are you good or bad?" Hotaru asks with a flirty tone. "Your fate will be determined by your choice of words."

Medusa's cheeks flushed and she began to stutter which was quite a natural reaction.

"I think of myself as a good person." Medusa answers without looking at Hotaru. "You are not human are you?"

"How can you tell?" Hotaru asks.