Frienemies

"And I defended you to all my friends"

Peter's POV
I had stayed at Felicia's house undetected by her absentee parents over the weekend because I was afraid of Mr. Stark. Felicia pulled up to Midtown in her purple pastel Cadillac convertible with the hood down.

These last couple of days I've been extremely happy like happier then I've ever been. "If Stark doesn't get to you I'll pick you up after school" she leaned over and kissed me to which I returned. "I'll be thinking of you all day" she smiled and looked at me through her sunglasses.

"Have a good day spider" I got out of the car and watched her drive away. "Yo Penis Parker! Who was that babe that dropped you off?" I rolled my eyes at Flash and turned away from him walking into MJ "yeah Peter who was she?" I gulped.

"She's just a friend" I walked past them and went inside "so so you kiss all your friends?" I went to my locker and grabbed my books "umm only the pretty ones?" MJ rolled her eyes "I'm pretty" Ned said and I laughed awkwardly "it was a joke and besides we broke up MJ" "yeah because of her!"

"She has a name and I'm my own person so whatever I do it's because I wanted to do it!" Ned sighed and put his hand on my shoulder "yeah but you missed every robotics meeting this week" I rolled my eyes "I was babysitting Morgan that's all" MJ's voice cracked as she spoke "I saw you leave with her Peter!"

I noticed that people were starting to look at us "guys can we do this another time?" "No, no we can't because everytime we try to talk you just run away!" "Yeha I agree with the girl" I looked up and saw Mr. Stark.

"Umm Hi Mr. Stark" "hi kid, let's take a trip shall we?" "I can't I have school" mr. Stark put his arm around my shoulders and walked off "I pay taxes and you're brilliant you can skip a day" I felt my heart sink but not because of guilt but because I was scared of what was going to happen when we got in the car.

"So where we're you this weekend?" "I was at Aunt May's" "hmm sure you weren't with Black Cat?" I gave him a look and he smiled as we walked out the school "I've been covering for you all weekend so the least you could do is answer me truthfully" I dropped my head and followed him to the car.

♥️

We arrived at the Avenger's tower and and I took a deep breath knowing that I was going to be in big trouble when we got inside. "Okay kid I need you to do me a favor before we walk in here" I looked up at Mr. Stark as he put his arm around my shoulders "what is it?"

"I need you to not say anything and I mean nothing at all, okay?" I nodded at him and we walked in. So far he wasn't yelling or anything which was kind of suspicious but what could I really do?

I sat down in the meeting room and waited for instructions. Unluckily for me Bucky and Sam were arguing in the corner. When they spotted me they walked over to me. "Oh umm hey guys" "hey webs".

I sighed and knew the bullying was going to start soon. "Look webs I think we've gotten off in the wrong foot" Sam said "yeah I agree with Sam! I think we should go out just the three of us" I looked between the two of them and smiled.

"Ok I'm glad you've decided to do this because I really like you guys!" They started laughing at me and my face dropped "what wrong?" "We were kidding Webs we don't like you!" They patted my shoulder laughing as they left.

Natasha, Steve, Mr. Stark, Thor, Banner, and Clint all walked in closing the door behind them. "Why do I feel like I'm in trouble?" Mr. Stark looked over at me "kid what did we talk about?" I looked down and sat at the top of the table not saying anything.

"Alright look we love you and we want the best for you but you can't be with this... girl" Natasha said giving me a motherly stare and I felt guilty but not because I loved Felicia but because I was hurting the people I loved. Why couldn't they all just accept Felicia?

"Look kid she's dangerous and we need you to tell us where we can find her" I looked at Mr. Stark sadly and without saying a word he and I came to an agreement that I wasn't going to give Felicia up and he was disappointed.

"Hey man of Spiders cheer up! I know it seems rather sad now but look at me! I've lost my girlfriend, my brother, my mother, my sister..." Thor and I gave each other looks "...and I'm ok" "thanks Thor".

"Look this black cat— "guys stop! She is an amazing person and she's really nice! This criminal you all are talking about that isn't what she is! She steals jewelry and how does that concern us? It doesn't it concerns the police!" Mr. Stark huffed angrily "you're right it does concern the police when she stole jewelry but when she broke into Stark Industries and stole the prototypes for Mark 111 and other stuff then it became a an Avenger problem!"

I rolled my eyes "you guys just don't know her like I know her! She's a good person and you know what! I LOVE HER!" The 6 original Avengers looked shocked and I knew that they would never accept me and Felicia. I turned away from them and ran out webbing away before Wanda caught on and grabbed me.

I webbed to me and Felicia's roof and sat there thinking about everything. Felicia wouldn't do that! She wouldn't steal from Mr. Stark. "Peter?" I looked up to see her and I felt warm inside