Chapter 6 - Delores

Xavion woke the next morning to see Five not gone, unlike his previous statement by him yesterday of him being "gone by dawn."

He didn't feel like getting up. Actually, he didn't feel like being awake either. His body felt heavy, like a very large cat sitting on top of him. He remembered this feeling, it was such a familiar feeling, it felt like home. An internal battle played out in his head, one side telling himself to get up and get dressed, the other lovingly coaxing him to fall back asleep. As the 'world didn't need him'.

Five watched with his arms crossed as Xavion laid on the floor, not moving. "Are you gonna get up, or what? We have very important things to do today, Xavion." He strided over and stood over the boy on the floor, putting his hands in his pockets.

Xavion turned his head slightly to the right and let out a deep sigh. "Yeah. I know. Just, give me a minute." He mumbled softly, staring back at the ceiling. Five almost responded with something sarcastic, but took note of how exhausted Xavion looked. "When did you go to sleep last night?" He questioned worriedly. "I don't know. A couple hours after you? I'm not tired, I just feel really heavy.." Xavion squeezed his eyes shut and pushed himself up, throwing the blankets off himself.

Five cleared his throat and tossed a freshly cleaned uniform down next to Xavion, turning back around to his chalkboard. "Hey, thanks.." He said with a yawn, standing up and stretching. "So, uh, what important things to we have to do today to save the world?" Xavion yanked his dirty clothes off, pulling a clean dress shirt on. Five turned around to respond, and then immediately turned back around. "A warning would've been nice." He said blankly. "Oh I'm so sorry my liege, I didn't know a pasty white boy in boxer shorts would burn your retinas." Xavion answered sarcastically, slipping the rest of the outfit on and lazily wrapping the tie around his neck. He stood next to Five and looked at the chalkboard, having not a single clue what it meant, but he pretended he did. Without looking away from the board, Five rolled his eyes. "Glad you're back to being an ass. I was almost worried about you." He turned to look at Xabion and scoffed. "My god how many braincells do you have? It's not that hard to tie a tie, come here." He turned Xavion to face him with force and yanked him forward by the tie. Xavion could feel his breath on his face as Five tied his tie. Xavion could feel his face getting hot and he despised the feeling, he had never gotten this close to someone before. He looked down at the floor which didn't make it much better. For looking the same age as Xavion, Five's hands were muscular and beaten-up, yet they moved with such delicacy and grace. He had obviously done this a surplus of times. Five finally buttoned up the vest and tucked the tie in, patting Xavion's chest out of habit. He leaned back to make sure everything was straight, and he noticed one thing that was not.

Five began to lean back in to fix a button, and Xavion let out a yelp, quickly slapping his hand over his mouth. Five looked at him perplexed. Xavion's face was a rosey color as he looked Five in the eyes and let out a chuckle. "Ignore that, please, for the love of god. You heard nothing. I got it, don't worry!" Xavion turned around and began to try and fix his clothes, but his hands were shaking so much that he couldn't. He had embarrassed himself again, inhaling and exhaling quietly but quickly. He felt as if he almost couldn't breathe. The room was spinning, he felt like he was dying.

Five stood next to him, and knew something was wrong. He didn't know what to do, but he was worried. He kept trying to deny that he cared but it was getting increasingly more difficult. "Hey hey, Xavion, breathe, come on-" Five panicked, grabbing Xavion by the shoulders and shaking him. Probably not the best decision, yet it still helped. Xavion started breathing more regularly, tears running down his face. Xavion noticed Five staring at him and he turned his back to him. "Don't.. don't look at me.. I'm not usually this weak, I promise.. I can still help you just.. don't look at me.." The last part was whispered as Xavion composed himself. "I've never seen anyone freak out that much, what the hell happened?" Five spacial jumped infront of him, trying to get an answer. "It's hard to explain ok? Can we just not talk about it? Right now at least? I've already embarrassed myself." Five wanted to push. He wanted an answer, because he wanted to know if what he thought was right. Did this boy, who he met not even a day ago, already have some sort of liking towards him? He thought it was pathetic.

But, for some reason, it felt comforting. It was the same feeling from when Xavion took care of his wounds the other night. Pathetic. Absolutely disgusting how he had to be taken care of. Yet.. oddly comforting.

But Five had greater things to worry about. The fate of the world, to be specific. So he dropped it, but made a mental note for after he saved the world. "Don't think too much about it. I won't say anything. But get yourself together, we have world saving activities to do." Five hesitated before laying his hand on Xavion's shoulder and patting. That was all he could do without feeling immense discomfort. He spun around and walked toward the window. Xavion nodded, pulling on his blazer and taking a deep breath. "You're okay, right? No more almost dying of hyperventilation on me." Five turned around for a moment, a small voice in his head demanding to know if his companion was alright. Xavion nodded and followed closely behind him. Five nodded back, and that was the end of it. He slid open the window and hopped out, holding it open for Xavion to follow suite. They both climbed down the fire escape in silence. Five watched Xavion come down as well, to make sure he didn't fall, or something. Not like he cared that much. Five shook the thought out of his head as they were both on the ground now. Five turned and started walking up the alley, turning a corner and walking down the sidewalk.

"So, next order of business? Are we gonna go beat up some more bad guys??" Xavion, too, was back to his normal self. Excited and curious. Five chuckled. "The last time we beat up some bad guys you almost had a cow. So no. We're keeping it simple this time." Five pulled a small box out of his pocket and opened it. Inside was a glass eyeball. "Ew.. why do you have an eye.." Five shut the box and slipped it back into his pocket. "When I got stuck in the future, I saw my entire family dead. That eye was grasped in Luthers hand, so we find who the eye belongs too, we find who ended the world, we save the world, boom."

Xavion hummed in response. "But, we have something else to do first. We have to go find an old friend." Five spun around and began walking, Xavion trotted up beside him. "An old friend? I thought you got stuck in the future with no other people?" Five smirked, grabbing Xavions arm and jumping. They both landed at the front of an abandoned department store. "She's inside." He said looking up at the walls. "Why would there be a person inside an abandoned department store?" Xavion was still extremely confused. "You'll see." Five once again grabbed Xavion as they warped into the store, and infront of a mannequin. "Delores.. my love.." Five whispered lovingly.

Xavion stares in disbelief. "Your old friend... Is a fucking mannequin?

A/N:

Edited out the klaus and five part because it didnt fit in with the show order, sorry!