Two.

Carina

My head was throbbing. I didn't expect to see Maya again after her less than courteous rejection at the bar. I can handle my own share of rejection but it's not like I was being pushy. I thought she was hot and I wanted some fun. If she had simply given me an, I am sure thank you though, I would have let her be.

Instead she was snarky and rude. Whatever seemed to have her drinking alone was enough to forget how to talk to people. It completely put me off, but to say being in her arms during one of the scariest moments of my life wasn't head-spinning would be a lie. I blame the confusion on my concussion.

It had been 3 days since my femur surgery and I've been in bed, everyone was being extra careful and protective. Not something I was exactly used to, I've always been on the other end. Andrea was even more attentive, I'm chalking it up to the lack of work since the hospital was closed pending reconstruction.

3 days and I was ready to be home and eat something other than the takeout that Andrea would try to pass off as his cooking. Visitors were in and out and I didn't know people cared about my well-being. After Arizona left, Seattle felt lonely but maybe I was just oblivious to the friends I had made.

"Linc says you can start PT because your films look good and the bone is setting well." Amelia had been in every day to make sure I didn't get too lonely and always had something to look at.

"It still hurts like a bitch. I miss being outside, I think I've forgotten what the sun looks like." I looked out the window to the cloudy Seattle sky and it wasn't making me feel any better. I opened and closed my hands taking notice of how weird the skin on the back of my hands felt. The pain too faint to encourage me to stop. It was nothing compared to the pain still ever present in my thigh.

"You're maxed out on medication... what about some natural oxytocin Dr. DeLuca?" She smiled sticking her tongue into her cheek. Finding out about her crush and her pregnancy in one day was a memory I still laugh about. Her green blue eyes against her fair skin, I would've actually considered it. Now I was just grateful for her friendship and gigantic heart.

My appreciation didn't stop me from rolling my eyes at her comment in a playful way, she smiled like I had given her a piece of information she wondered about. "Your breasts do still look very full" I bit my lip and she got visibly shyer. It wasn't to stop me from blindly flirting with her because I knew as well as her, it kept the mood light and that's what I needed.

Her lips parted and she smiled down into her lap, running her hands up and down them. "So you've been looking at them?" She smiled trying to return the game.

I wasn't a stranger to flirting with beautiful women, nor was I one to shy away from a good game. "Occupational hazard Amelia" I let her name fall off my tongue. She had said her and Linc were no longer together which is why she was here flirting with me.

A nurse walked in as Amelia was about to reply to me. I turned my face to her and took a deep breath, "Are those my discharge papers?" I exhaled having been badgering for them since the morning. Every morning actually.

"No Dr. DeLuca, Dr. Lincoln hasn't approved your discharge yet. You actually have a visitor so I came to ask if you'd like to let her in."

I shot Amelia a confused look, it was 8:30 at night and I didn't even know visiting hours ran this late, "I thought visiting hours were over?"

"She's not a woman who takes no very easily, especially in this city." She looked down at her feet seemingly embarrassed.

"Oh let her in DeLuca, I want to see who is making a fuss for you so late." Amelia belted from the her chair and stood up to move closer to me. I rolled my eyes and nodded. Which delighted the nurse because it looked like she came in not able to accept another answer. "Do you know who it is?"