Fifty-Four.

Carina

"Maya!" I finished putting on my heels and messaged the hotel people I had asked to help me plan the night that we would be on the roof in the next 15 minutes.

"Okay! I'm ready!" I looked up and I felt paralyzed- struck by the star. My eyes scrolled down the tight navy blue halter neck dress that hugged her body in all the right ways. All of it seemed to be held up by the clip around her neck, good to know. "Too much?

"You-" My mouth felt dry and every follicle on my body responded as I circled her. A flutter overtook my stomach when I hugged her from behind. "You look amazing." My lips found her neck with a quick side swipe of her short straight hair.

"Okay, okay! We gotta go!" She pulled me to the door, but all I wanted was to tear that dress off of her.

Begrudgingly, I walked us to the elevator and pushed the 30 on the elevator panel. My hand went around her waist and settled on her backside, closing my hand around for a tight squeeze that made me bite my lip at how she jumped.

Her ass felt so nice under the thin fabric, she was wearing a thong and it was making my mouth dry. I squeezed it again. "Okay if I knew wearing a dress would have you like this, I would've done it sooner."

"You could wear anything and I'd be all over you. I think it's the ring," I whispered in her ear as we got walked to the stairs at the other end of the hotel hall. A rosy blush spread over her face as I opened the door to the stairs that led to the roof.

"So chivalrous, thank you." It was more to look at her perfect round butt, nonetheless it was my biggest pleasure.

The door was already open when we finished the steps and I watched her face as she saw the path of rose petals and the twinkling lights that decorated the table as well as the surrounding space. For her reaction, I will tip everyone so much more. It was really beautiful, from the trail of metals to the raised table in the middle that made looking out to the city easier. Safe enough away that no one could jump off. She followed the trail up the two steps and played with a petal on the table. "If I would have just kept my mouth shut."

"Sometimes plans don't always go how we want them, but there can be beautiful in the messiness." I walked up behind her and slid off her coat. The warmers made it almost impossibly warm, maybe it was just my body reacting to the sight of her in this tight dress.

"But then what?" She said over her shoulder as I walked around to put the coat over the chair and pull it for her to sit down.

"Embrace it- the good, the bad, the ugly. Embrace it and wait for what's meant to be to you know, be," I said into her ear and smiled as she sighed.

"You're optimistic." I took my seat and couldn't help but look at her face under all the fairy lights and candles. The little frown she had as she looked over the selected menu for the night.

"I'm here with you. If I lost all faith after the bar, maybe I wouldn't be here looking at the most beautiful woman and still have a subtle taste of her on my tongue." She looked up to see me already staring at her. A flush moved over her face and it pulled my mouth slightly. The more I looked at her the more I was convinced that this was the right choice. I am so in love with her.

"You're doing that thing." She sighed and went back to the menu.

"Che cosa?" I slipped out of my coat and her eyes fell over my chest. As I draped it over the chair next to us.

"Where you look at me like I've hung the moon or something. It makes me feel warm." I smiled at her words, reaching over for her hand. She looked at it as if questioning its intention, that or it made her nervous. The moment her hand touched my skin it felt like the room shot up 30 degrees- and we were outside- in New York- in the middle of January. Suddenly I was nervous.