chapter¹

the royal proclamation

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

your pov

10:00 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

i watch as benny raises his arm as he looks out of the window to the isle of the lost. he's getting fitted for his coronation suit, i got fitted for my suit too but that was yesterday. it's a green colour. 

"it's a good idea?" i ask ben as i'm messing with the pixie dust necklace on my neck. my mama got for me when i turned sixteen. "it's a smart one even but do you think our parents will allow it?"

"head," the royal taylor says, making benny turn his face forward. i make a funny face, making him roll his eyes and look at me like im a weirdo. the royal tailor measures his head, ready for the crown. "arm,"

"i don't see a reason for them not to," ben says.

"how is it possible that you'll be crowned king next month?" i hear. i turn around and see king beast and queen belle both walking into the room, their arms linked. "you're just a baby!" the smile on the king's face is huge. 

"he's turning sixteen, dear," the queen smiles as i bow. "no need for that y/n. you're basically like a daughter to me," she walks over to me and gives me a hug. 

"hey pops," ben smiles. 

"sixteen. it's far too young to be crowned king," the king says. "i didn't a good decision 'til i was at least, forty two,"

"uh, you decided to marry when i was twenty eight," belle says, looking at him as she holds some blue fabric. 

"obviously, you were a teapot," the kings, making my cough to cover my laugh. ben looks at me when he laughs, making me laugh too. the queen rolls her eyes. "kidding,"

"hi everyone!" my mother says, walking into the room. her blonde hair still glowing, expect for a few grey strands here and there. her wings are unrevealed as are mine. as people don't usually use magic, we keep the tucked away. if we spin around, they'll appear again with a light green glow. "i just wanted to see how everything is going!" my mama is the royal advisors for the king and the queen. and because me and ben have been best friends i will be the next royal advisor of ben and his queen. who apparently is going the audrey. "hi, bug," she says, giving me a hug.

"hi mama,"

"mom, dad, miss tinkerbell," ben starts. he tries to walk off the podium but the royal tailor stops him which the shake of his hand. "i, with the help of y/n, have chosen my first official proclamation," the king, the queen and my mama look at each other with hug smiles on their faces. "we've decided that the children on the isle of the lost be given a chance here in auradon," the fabric that belle's holding, slips from her grasps as all of our parents hold shock in their faces. "every time, i look out at the island, i feel like they've been abandoned,"

"the children of our sworn enemies living amongst us?" the king questions, pointing out to the isle.

"sir, we start of small," i say. "only a few at first,"

"only the ones that need our help the most," ben says as queen belle and my mama nod slowly. "we've already chosen them,"

"have you?" the king asks, stepping forward.

"i gave you a second chance," belle says, holding the king back.

"who are their parents?" mama asks me. i look at ben and he nods at me. 

"cruella de'vil, jafar, evil queen and maleficent," i say.

"maleficent?!" the king shouts. "she is the worst villain in the land!"

"dad," ben pleads. "just hear me out here,"

"i won't here of it," the royal tailor bows and leaves the room, the guards doing the same thing, closing the door behind them. "they are guilty of unspeakable crimes!"

"dad, their children are innocent," ben reasons. "don't you think that they deserve the shot at a normal life? dad?" everyone looks at the king as he sighs. 

"i suppose the children are innocent," the kings, making ben smile. as the king starts to walk off, mama and queen belle give me and him a hug.

"well," the queen smiles.

"to the both of you," mama says, straightening my demin jacket. they walk off, giving me a chance to look towards the isle.

i wonder what's going to happen when they come here.