chapter⁸

a date?

a date?

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

your pov

02:30 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"benjamin!" i whisper shout as he makes his way down to mal and evie's dorm room. "no, i can't!"

"you've at least got to try," he says, turning his head back with a smile. "come on, n/n,"

"dammit, i hate you prince," i say, walking quickly after him. we make it their dorm and ben knocks on the door. mal opens it.

"hey," ben says with a smile. "mal," she gives him a lopsided smile.

"hi guys," i say with a wave. everyone waves back at me.

"i didn't see you guys today," he says. "i-we were just wondering if you had any questions or anything-i...you needed?"

"not that i know of..." mal says, looking back at evie, jay and carlos. the three of them shake their heads.

"okay. alright," ben turns to me. "well, in that case..."

"uh..." i start, unable to find the words as carlos looks at me.

"oh wait!" mal says, interrupting me. "is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?"

"yeah," i say with a cough. "the whole school gets to go. that's why jane was in your class that one time,"

"wow," mal says, fiddling with her purple locks. "that's beyond exciting," mal smiles. "do you think that it's a possibility that the four of us could stand in the front row next to the fairy godmother, just so we could soak up all that goodness?"

"i wish you could," ben says with a frown. "upfront, it's me, y/n, my and her folks, my girlfriend and y/n's partner,"

"and your girlfriend?" mal repeats. "wait, y/n you have a partner?" she smiles at me.

"well, no," ben says, nudging me. "but y/n does have something to ask carlos,"

"you do?" carlos says, standing up and walking over to me. shit.

"i, uh...i..." i can't do it. "i've got to go,"

🦋

"stupid useless brain," i say, banging my head against the light green pillow. "stupid useless brain," i repeat as i hear a knock on the dorm door. "come in,"

"y/n?" i hear a very familiar voice say. i look up and see carlos standing next to the open door. "are you okay?" i groan quietly into the pillow before looking up with a smile.

"i am great," i say. "how are you?"

"i'm okay," he says. "but are you sure you're okay? you had something to say to me? i would have came straight after you walked away but mal wanted to talk to me and everyone else. but not ben, obviously. i actually have no idea why i said that," i smile at his words. "anyway, did you actually have something to say to me?" shit.

"i did, yes," i say. "i...can you close the door?" i ask him as he nods. he closes the door then walks over to me. i pat the space next to me and he sits down. "i wanted...to ask you out on a date?"

"really?" carlos asks me with a smile. "are you kidding?"

"no," i say, falling back on my bed. "but i don't even have a date idea or a plan or anything like that so i don't know what to do,"

"i don't care," carlos says. a smile really big on his face as i look over to him. "i would love to go on a date with you?"

"you're joking,"

"i'm not," he says, giving me his hand. he pulls me up. "i would really love to go on a date with you,"

"you sure?" i say, looking into his brown eyes. he nods with a smile on his face.

"defo. i'm sure,"