chapter⁴⁵

did i mention? reprise

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

10:28 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

y/n holds hands with carlos as everyone else is right in front of the school. y/n knows exactly what's about to happen. she's not a dummy. i mean the other four vk's are coming but beside that. ben is going to propose to mal. y/n even helped him pick out the ring when they had free time from doing all their duties. 

something that even shocked y/n is that audrey came back. obviously the friendship between them kinda got a bit rocky but y/n is willing to work on it.

"here they come," evie mumbles to doug, making him turn at the band and they start playing the song did i mention.

mal and ben walk out the school as everyone scream and cheer their name. 

"hey, how are you?" mal asks, touching at girls hand as she waves at the future queen. ben and mal both wave at everyone they can before stepping on the blue and yellow platform. mal is about to walk of but both the fairy godmother and tinkerbell stop her.

"stay,"

"stay here?" mal asks, pointing at the podium.

"yes," tinkerbell says as the band stops playing. she hands the fairy godmother the golden microphone. yes, the microphone ben used to sing his love song to mall, three years ago.

"bipidty-bopidty," the fairy godmother says, her voice echoing through the crowd. "one, two. one, two. can everybody hear me?"

the auradonians jump up and down with joy, symbolizing that they can hear the fairy godmother. 

"yes," jane sighs as she's next to y/n and carlos, damien's hand on jane's shoulder. she's slightly embarrassed of her mother.

"ben," the fairy godmother hands ben the golden microphone.

"thank you, fairy godmother," ben says into the microphone. "what's up, auradon?" and that question brought much more cheer into everyone. "thank you. thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. they'll be here soon," and again everyone cheers.

"not like we had a choice," leah whispers to audrey. 

"it worked out pretty well for the first four," ben continues. 

"yeah, especially for you," chad shouts out but audrey hushes him up with the click of her fingers.

"really funny," she rolls her eyes at him.

"mal," ben starts, holding her hand. "this is the exact spot we met not so long ago," carlos looks over to y/n who looks up at mal end with a smile on her face. did she want him to propose? carlos sort of found out as y/n was googling wedding rings on his phone. the answer is no. y/n thinks that they might be a bit too young. "i feel like i've known you my whole life. but did i mention, i'm in love with you?"