chapter⁴

not my thing

not my thing

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

your pov

11:30 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

"n/n, come on!" audrey says as i pull a yellow jumper over my head. i'm apart of the cheer squad. i know, i know. it's not really my thing but it's kind of a job of mine. because i'm advisor; i've got to show school spirit. i put on the blue [leggings/joggers/skort/shorts], fixing my [hair/hijab/locs/braids/necklace]. "we've got to get into the school spirit!"

"yeah audrey," i say, walking out of the changing room. "i'm coming,"

"here you are," she says, handing me some pompoms. i take with a fake smile. dammit. i hate it here. "okay girls," audrey starts as we get into formation. i spot carlos and jay both on the tourney field. damn...i didn't know they played. carlos look lost though. kind off like a puppy. 

"hey! hey!" coach says, shouting at carlos. who just look up at him. "hey you, lost boy! put your helmet on and get out of the kill zone! come on!"

"kill zone?" i hear carlos mumble. "what?" he puts on his helmet.

"y/n. are you listening?" audrey asks me, crossing her arms, making the whole cheer squad look at me. 

"yeah. you said we're going to do the same routine as yesterday, but me and diana and jo are going to back tuck when you get lifted,"

"o-oh, so you were listening..." she says, twirling her brown long hair, embarrassed. 

"yes, i was," i say, getting in formation.

🦋

"hey," i look up and see carlos standing awkwardly, beside me. i close my book, and move over. i pat the seat next to me ad he sits down. "so um-h-how are you?"

"are you okay?" i ask him. "i saw you on the field," he winces with a smile. "you were..."

"terrible, horrific, should never play again?" he says, lying against the wall. "i know, it's not my thing,"

"no," i say, putting my hand on his. "you just need some practice, then you'll be one of the best in the whole of auradon!"

"you really think so?" he asks me, biting his lip.

"i know so," i say, tapping his hand. i open my book as he looks over my shoulder. "what?" i ask him, looking up.

"what you reading?" he asks, crosses his legs. i raise my eyebrow.

"you really want to know?" i him as he nods, his white hair bouncing. 

"the potion diaries: royal tour by amy alward," i say showing him the book cover. "have you read it before?"

"there wasn't really a lot of book on the isle," he says. "so no,"

"do you want to read this one?" i ask, handing it to him. "i have lots of book so it isn't that big of a deal to me,"

"really?" he asks me. "are you sure?" i nod.

"of course, just it back when you're finished," i say as ben jogs over to us wearing a baggy yellow top.

"carlos!" he says with a smile. "there you are. you ready for training?" carlos looks at him shocked.

"huh?"