chapter⁴¹

another love spell

another love spell

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

07:40 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

everyone begins to murmur, looking at the aqua hair colored girl. mal gasps, everyone else beginning to do so as uma walks around nervously. ben walks up the stairs, practically running towards her. he takes uma's hand, mal gasping again. in shock? in pain? maybe both. jay and y/n look at each other. something is not right.

"hi," belle smiles at her, not sure what to do at the situation.

"hi, hi," adam  says, looking down as uma and ben reach the bottom of the stairs. ben bows to her, kissing the ring that he gave mal exactly six months ago. the ring that mal cherished. and no it's on uma's finger. uma giggles, a blank stare on y/n's face. something's not right. tinkerbell looks at her daughter. both of them know something isn't right.

"i'm sorry," ben says to mal. "it all happened so fast. something happened to me when i was on the isle with uma. a connection,"

"i-what are you saying?" mal asks him.

"i'm saying-"

"it was love," uma interrupts. "it was," she giggles. "i just-i realized how alike me and ben are, you know?"

"we are," ben says, facing her. 

"i know," she smiles at him. 

"you're so beautiful," he says, whispering at her but everyone heard it. mal looks at them both, devastation on her face.

"ben," mal starts. but he doesn't even glance at her. "ben," he looks at her, but in the way he used to. "did you go back for her?"

"he didn't have to," uma says. "i dove through the barrier before it closed, and i'm an excellent swimmer,"

"you are," ben compliments. 

"thank you," uma gushes. "listen mal," she walks over to the purpled haired girl, mal flinching when she touches her. y/n's hand starts to glow in reflex, but carlos holds her hand. he brushes his finger over her thumb, to get her to claim down. no one wants an angry fairy. "i just really want to thank you, i do, for everything. thank you. thank you so much," uma hugs her, mal shocked.

"don't you see, mal?" ben says, coming from behind uma. "you were right. you knew that we weren't mean to be together. that's why you never told me you loved me,"

mal sighs out, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. she doesn't say anything as ben lets go of her hand,  the love of her life lets go of her hand. he and uma start to dance, music playing.