chapter¹⁹

the coronation p1

the coronation p1

🦋*.*〽〰*°.~°°〽.**•*〰**~°°°*〽*.〰**•*🦋

authors pov

03:00 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

ben and mal walk up the blue covered steps to the large church. their carriage moves out the way, letting y/n's and carlos' carriage appear at the stairs. carlos gets down first, helping y/n. she smiles, rolling her eyes; the four of them walking up the stairs. 

men in yellow blow fanfares at their arrival. the rest of the auradonians bowing at the future king and royal advisor. mal and carlos bow down to tinkerbell, the queen and the king. 

"about the other day i just-" mal starts. but the king has something to say. 

"i told ben and y/n that this wasn't going to be easy," the king says. 

"you also told me that a king has to believe in himself," ben says. "and his advisor. even when it isn't easy,"

"i did?" the king asks. "i..." belle hits the king on the shoulder to make sure he doesn't say anything wrong. "how very wise of me,"

"ben, y/n," tinkerbell and belle say at the same time, taking a step towards their kids. belle takes ben's hand as tinkerbell takes y/n's. "we are very proud of you,"

"keep listening to your heart," tinkerbell says, squeezing y/n's hand. 

"thanks mama,"

"you're going to make a fine king," king adam says, patting ben's shoulder. "and you, y/n, you will make a fine advisor," ben and y/n smile at the king. king adam takes belle's hand as they walk away. tinkerbell gives her daughter one last hug before leaving. 

"wish us luck," y/n smiles at carlos and mal as a servant behind them clears his throat. after giving a quick smile to both y/n and ben, mal turns around, taking the hand of the servant. carlos gives them both a thumbs up before following mal.

y/n and ben walk in the church, a choir of children singing at their arrival. people start to murmur, talking about the clothes or how they're going to be the best king and royal advisor auradon is ever seen.

belle and adam stand up from their thrones. tinkerbell behind belle, her wings fluttering with pride. as ben and y/n walk down the aisle, their hands high, people start to bow at them in honor and respect. 

from the isle, maleficent looks at the two, waiting for the wand.

as the two get closer to the front, carlos and mal bow at them. ben and y/n gives their significant others a wink and a smile before they reach the front. 

the fairy godmother kisses belle's cheek with a hug, before turning to adam and bowing. the fairy godmother takes the crown off the king's head and turns to tinkerbell. tinkerbell smiles, putting her hands out. the fairy godmother takes two third's of tinkerbell's magic. 

ben and y/n both kneel down on the stairs. the fairy godmother puts the crown on ben's head and then puts her hands on y/n's shoulders, passing her mother's magic to her. the parents bow at kids, proud an obvious emotion on their face. 

adam takes the the glass case to reveal the wand to everyone. mal and carlos looks towards evie and jay who were up in the stands, near the choir. evie nods at the two, making them look back at the wand.

tinkerbell takes the wand, handing it over the fairy godmother, who smiles.

"do you, king ben, solemnly swear to govern the peoples of auradon with justice and mercy for as long as you shall reign?" the fairy godmother asks ben. 

"i do solemnly swear,"

"and do you, y/n bell, solemnly swear to support and guide ben throughout all of his decisions and choice making?"

"i do solemnly swear,"

"then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new king," the fairy godmother says, tapping the wand on ben's shoulders. "and our new royal advisor," the fairy godmother goes to do the same to y/n, but the wand is taken from her grasp.