Chapter 9: A stranger? A mystery?

Cynthia's POV

"Damien..." I whispered.

Not wanting to look like some creep, I tried to look away but couldn't...I couldn't tear my eyes off him as he walked closer.

Wait. He's not actually coming towards me right?

Like to talk to me or something?

Is he coming to apologize for last night?

Did he finally come to the realisation that he was at fault?

Unknowingly, I licked my lower lip nervously as my breath fastened and heart raced just at the thought of him coming up to me...to apologize or to even talk.

But alas, he passed right by me as if he didn't even see me...as if I was completely invisible to him...as if I didn't exist to him.

Does he really has no remorse?

My subconscious laughed at me for being so foolish and naive to think that he's probably coming to talk to me...and what's even more foolish is that for a fleeting moment I thought that he's coming to apologize.

"Did you say something?" Bethany asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"No. No. I didn't say anything" I replied quickly.

"But I think I heard you say 'Damien'..." She said frowning.

I sighed, taking a deep breath and closing my eyes for a moment.

"Where's Madi?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"I haven't seen her since this morning" I added.

"She must be in class. Let's go" She replied as I nodded turning towards my right, entering our class.

"Do you know that Sean had a date last night..." Bethany blabbered and her words felt as if coming from far away as I zoned out of the conversation yet again.

Will I sound stupid if I say that I wanna go, talk to him?

Yeah you do sound stupid, my subconscious replied.

And is there any chance that I might sound a little less stupid if I say that I'm going to him to give him a piece of my mind?

Um yeah. No. My subconscious replied shortly.

I don't care what you think...I'm still gonna go and do what I feel like doing, I thought to myself while mentally nodding my head.

"Cyn. Come on let's get seated, our class is about to start" Bethany said, taking a seat beside Madison.

"Hey" Madison said slightly waving her hand at me.

"Um. I-I think I saw an old friend in the corridor..." I trailed off as both of them looked at me confused.

"I'll just go, say hi to him...I-I mean her" I added hesitantly.

"Cyn. Why are you acting so weird since this morning?" Bethany asked narrowing her eyes at me.

"Yeah. Come sit. Ma'am must be on her way" Madison said.

"I'll be back in a minute" I replied, quickly turning around, trying to escape their valid questions, only to bump into Miss Jones, our teacher who teaches us mathematics.

"And may I ask where exactly are you headed? Miss Miller" Miss Jones asked with a sharp look as I tried to think of some good excuse as to why I was skipping her class.

I mean telling her that I was on my way to teach some douchebag a lesson, obviously won't be a good idea.

"Um. Miss Jones. I have a really bad stomach ache...I need to go back home" I replied clutching my stomach.