Chapter 4: 'That feeling'

Cynthia's POV

"Hey!" I said with a wide smile as Madison just murmured a small 'hey' with a dry smile before walking past me, inside as I just shook my head before closing the door and following her in.

"Madi why don't you join everybody for dinner. I need to make a call, I'll be there in a minute" I said as she nodded and walked towards the dining room greeting my parents as I dialed Bethany's number.

"Beth, where are you? You do realize that you are late again...as always, right" I said as soon as she received the call.

"Well, hello to you too. I'm just outside your home, parking my car. I'll be there in a minute" She replied as I hung up, shaking my head slightly.

Okay so as the amazingly good and responsible friend that I'm, I have organised a girls sleep over for the three of us and yeah you might have already guessed it and your guess might be right as well...this sleep over is just an excuse to get Madison and Bethany together so they could talk and sort their fight out.

Okay okay I know it wasn't that big of a fight they had in the cafeteria this morning but still they are upset with each other for sure and I just don't like it because if you don't address or solve a fight even if it's a small one then later on it will surely turn into a big issue.

So the moral of Cynthia Miller's 'lecture' today, is that man up or wait...maybe even women up and face and solve your issues instead ignoring them.

So anyways, that's the solo reason for this sleep over.

Although I haven't told either of them that the other one is coming too.

"Hey Cyn" Bethany's voice snapped me out of my thoughts as I greeted her before we both walked towards the dining room.

"Oh. Now I know the reason behind this sudden sleep over" Bethany murmured giving me an 'I knew it' look as Madison who was sitting beside my mother also looked up at us and sighed looking at me and giving me the same look Bethany did as I just smiled sheepishly at both of them.

But they both didn't say anything, thanks to my parents who were also having dinner with us and not to forget Chase too, who was just as always annoying me just with his presence.

"So how's your father doing? Bethany" Dad asked causally.

"Oh he's good, he'll be back in a few days" Bethany replied as dad just nodded and I frowned at her words for a second before recalling that uncle Mack is currently out of town.

"Madison, where is Sean? It would have been good if he joined us too" Mum said.

"Oh actually he needed to complete some assignments" Madison replied.

"Mum, we are having a girls night and I'm pretty sure Sean is anything but a girl" I said chuckling at my own joke as mum gave me a sharp look.

"Okay so now tell me the reason of this sudden plan" Madison said as soon as we walked in my room a few minutes later after having dinner.

"Here I thought you were smart enough to figure that much out" I replied sarcastically.

"Come on guys I don't like it that you both are upset with eachother" I added.

"But it's her fault she should have known that Luke is a sensitive topic for me..." Madison said.

"Oh as if you both ever told me the entire thing about him. How the hell was I supposed to know that" Bethany said interrupting Madison.

"You already know the reason why we didn't tell you. It would have been the entire school's latest gossip the very next day...that's how insensitive you are" Madison replied.