Chapter 30: Liar liar pants on fire!

Cynthia's POV

The ride back home was a comforting one, the fear of bike rides inside me seemed to have vanished into a thin air as I wrapped my arms around Damien and rested my cheek against his back.

A gush of soft wind caressed my face and it also made my hair fly in the air gently as we rode back home through the road cut out between these huge mountains, but I wasn't sacred looking at them anymore, rather this time I enjoyed the beautiful nature surrounding us...maybe because somehow I trusted the guy taking me home right now.

But why was he being so nice to me all of a sudden? What is it that seemed to have changed between us since the day of the play itself? As he said, he kissed me that day and last night too, because he wanted to...does that means that he feels the same way that I feel for him? Or maybe he's just acting out nice towards me because he feels guilty for what he did on the stage that day?

I snapped out of my thoughts as I watched a car, Steve's car, passing by, with two idiot of my friends, Bethany and Madison, sticking their heads out of the window, waving at me with a teasing smile as I couldn't help the pink color raising up on my cheeks.

Come on, what's with that teasing smile!?

I just rolled my eyes at them as we passed by their car, leaving them behind.

For some odd reason, the idea of me riding back home with Damien, didn't settle well with Steve and Sean, they had this annoyed look on their face when we left. We've known eachother for years, so maybe as friends, they are just a bit protective over me and also worried maybe considering whatever happened at the play.

All in all I think they don't trust Damien enough...

But I do and I guess that's enough, I thought to myself while closing my eyes, enjoying the cool wind brushing against my skin...well something was different and special about this morning.

"So..." I trailed off while getting off his bike.

"Thank you for dropping me home, Damien" I said standing before him as he just gave me a slight nod, not saying anything.

And just as he was about to leave, I stopped him by placing my hand on his, which was on the accelerator.

"Um...Damien" I called out as he just hummed in reply while looking at me curiously.

"That day at the play you were mad at me because of...well the reasons that you told me earlier..." I paused.

"Then what made you change your mind about me?" I asked.

"Because when I kissed you on stage that day, you didn't even look up at me after that, you ran off as you were too embarrassed, which made me realize that whatever I assumed about you and also whatever that blonde girl told me, was a whole bunch of crap..." He paused.

"Because if it was true then you wouldn't have ran off the way you did, without even glancing at anybody. The things I heard you say just led me to misunderstand you and the whole situation" He continued.

"Anything else?" He asked softly as I just shook my head, shyly.

I glanced behind me at my house, wondering if my father was standing, or even anybody else for that matter, somewhere and watching us like he did the last and also first time that Damien dropped me home, as I debated in my head if I should kiss him goodbye or not.

Would it be a bit too much? Are things going way to fast between us? But it's just a kiss...

Interrupting the chain of my thoughts, Damien spoke "Just do it already" in a bored tone while shaking his head slightly as I looked at him surprised.