Chapter 1: A love that consumes you

Cynthia's POV

"Mum. Where are my shoes! I can't find them" I said at the top of my voice so that my mother could hear me downstairs.

"Christ! Why can't I find my things when I need them the most. Damn! I'm already late for school" I mumbled as I looked around my messed up room once again.

Under the bed?

No.

In the walk-in closet?

No.

In the balcony?

No.

In the bathroom?

No...

Wait what? Why the hell am I even checking in the bathroom? I mean who on earth keeps or maybe even forgets their school shoes in the bathroom?

I shook my head at myself and sighed as I still couldn't find my shoes anywhere.

I swear I saw them in my room yesterday when I got back from school, but now that I need them again they just magically disappeared into thin air.

I feel like pulling my hair out in frustration right now.

Okay you might have guessed it by now but if you still haven't, then let me enlighten you, I'm a person with zero percent patience.

"Mum" I called out again.

Not getting any response, I huffed out a tired sigh before walking downstairs.

"Good morning dad, mum" I said placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Morning, honey" He replied ruffling my well combed hair.

"Good morning, sweetie" Mum replied as she moved around the kitchen before coming to the dining table with mine and dad's breakfast.

"And please do us all a favour, will you? Stop yelling like that every morning...I think my ears will stop working soon, if you continue with this routine of yours" She added as my dad shook his head and chuckled at her words as I almost pouted at his reaction.

Dad is supposed to be on my team!

Though I have to admit, my mum is right. This has become my daily morning routine...not finding any of my things on time and then running late for school.

Oh wait. That means she did hear me calling out for her and yet she didn't come up to help me out.

"I knew you heard me but yet you didn't come upstairs to..." I stopped I was interrupted by my younger brother's voice.

"Mum is right and in fact I think my ears have already stopped working" Chase, my younger brother said, yawning as he walked into the dinning room greeting mum and dad good morning.

"Listen here you little kid, this house is mine before it's yours since I'm your elder sister. So it would be in your betterment if you stopped complaining" I replied narrowing my eyes and pointing a butter knife at him.

"Oh please. You are just two years elder than me...stop bossing me around" He said waiving me off as he walked towards mum, placing a kiss on her cheek, which by the way is his daily routine.

I'm telling you he is such a mamma's boy. 

"Hey! Why haven't you taken a bath yet? Aren't you getting late for school" Mum asked, her question directed towards Chase as she sat beside my dad sipping her tea.

"Nope. I'm not going to school today" He replied stuffing him mouth with a toast.

"And why is that" Dad asked finally diving into our morning conversation.