Chapter 2: The irresponsible player

Cynthia's POV

"Yeah so that's how I got late this morning" I said finally finishing off explaining whatever happened this morning, why and how I got late for school, to Madison.

I think the funniest and silliest part about this morning was when I almost left for school without wearing my shoes...but wait a second why do I feel like Madison, my best friend, doesn't really sees anything funny in whatever I just told her as she is just giving me that bored look of hers.

"You are such a bore" I complained rolling my eyes as we passed by our school's gym and walked inside the huge basketball court, which was just beside the gym, with more than enough space for the audience.

Well. I haven't been here lately...I mean, in this basketball court.

I sighed.

"I'm not a bore. I'm just not a morning person and on top of that I have to hear the same kind of 'why I got late this morning' explanation every morning" Madison replied as we found ourselves the best seats from where we could watch the game properly.

"Are you sure you are my best friend" I asked sarcastically.

"Yes I'm sure and which why I hear and tolerate you every morning" She replied.

"And just a gentle reminder, I'm here right now because you forced me into this" She added.

"I was so happy this morning thinking that we have only English lecture today and I even made plans to rush back home and go back to sleep peacefully, after attending the class..." She paused.

"But no! You just had to ruin my plans and drag me here along with you, to watch a bunch of people play so early in the morning" She continued with a sulking face.

She's just being over dramatic, it's not even that early...I mean it's just ten in the morning, but instead of saying this to her I decided to keep it to myself, knowing that she's already irritated.

And please don't get her wrong. I'm telling you she's an amazing person but it's just that she is not at all a morning person, she's grumpy every morning, even in the lectures.

But when she comes out of her sleepy state, you'll get to see the real Madison Clark, who is an amazing friend and a good company.

"Okay. I get it, you are still sleepy...we'll talk later" I replied shaking my head.

"Cyn. I don't really get it. Why did you drag me into this? It's already like...ten and this damn match was supposed to begin by nine" Madison said a moment later with the same grumpy look as I just rolled my eyes at her.

But wait she's got a point. Why hasn't the match started yet? Though I'm glad that it didn't start before we got here because as you know I was running late this morning because of which I also missed my extra English lecture, yeah extra English lecture...I mean come on dude, who on earth keeps lectures on sports day?

But anyways, coming back to the match, which I don't think will be starting any time soon and it's getting too much now...I don't think I can handle a grumpy Madison anymore.

I glanced down at the court only to see the coaches and also the players from both the teams, discussing something serious, which obviously I couldn't hear because I was so far away from them.

I was closely watching them discuss or rather should I say argue over something as a few minutes later both the coaches and all the team players started clearing off the court.

"Hey! If you guys are waiting for the basketball match then you should probably leave because this match is most likely postponed or maybe even cancelled" A guy who just took a seat next to Madison, said, as I frowned at him.