Chapter 21: First move

Cynthia's POV

The next few days went by in a blur while attending classes and preparing for our upcoming exams, but while these few days people in the school did talk about the library incident.

Some even believed that Damien and I were officially together now, for he wouldn't spend his entire night in school just for some girl. And do I even have to say that that rumor is not true at all?

Some girls even came up to me and said how good we looked together while congratulating me giddily as if I had just bagged some trophy or some gold medal for the country.

While some girls just couldn't help themselves but shoot daggers at me with their eyes wherever I would pass by them, as if they had some kinda claim over Damien, and I came and snatched those claims away from them.

I seriously don't get girls fighting over a guy and I think I never will.

Anyways, enough about boy drama!

Tonight is only and only about friends as Bethany, Madison and I are having a girls night tonight at my place and they will be here any minute now.

Soon enough Madison and Bethany arrived at my place and the three of us had dinner with my parents and my idiot, annoying brother, as my friends really love food cooked by my mother.

"So now Madi..." I began as soon as we all retired to our rooms.

"Spill" I added shortly as we sat down on my bed.

"Spill what? Cyn" She asked, playing dumb.

"She knows, Madi" Bethany replied.

"Oh does she" Madison mumbled.

"And it also hurts me a little bit that one of my best friends hid such a big thing from me" I said with a sad sigh.

Honestly I did feel bad that Madison didn't feel the need to tell me about this boyfriend of hers, I mean yeah she's not obliged to but we have been friends for years and it kinda does hurts to know that you are no longer a part of the highlights of your friends lives.

"Cyn..." Madison spoke.

"I'm so sorry. You share every biggest and even the smallest thing going on in your life with us and I always do too and I know I should have done the same this time too but..." She trailed off.

"But lately I have been too caught up in my own drama and you didn't want to bother me with yours..." I paused, saying what she has been meaning to say, with a small smile.

"I know, Madi. And I, myself feel like I haven't been a good friend lately, I mean come on I don't even know that my friend finally has a boyfriend...what more could I say?" I added with a scoff while giving slight shrug to my shoulders.

"Anyways, tell me all about him" I said a moment later.

"Yes please, I would also like to know about him" Bethany said while causally lying on her stomach, with her elbows propped out, supporting her upper body so she could still look at us.

"So..." Madison began with a small smile playing on her lips and that made me smile too.

Well...whoever it is, I'm happy for her.

"His name is Luke..." She paused purposely, as if to see our reaction to the name.

"And..." I said, emphasizing on the word.

"His name is Luke guys" She said once again, with her eyebrows raised as if she was hinting at something which we obviously weren't getting.

"Yeah so...?" Bethany said with a slight frown on her face as Madison just heavied a sigh, giving up.