Meeting The Man Over The River

Stiles said, frowning as he thought about his situation "I didn't see anyone else like me while I was going back to Beacon Hills"

Lydia shook herself as she said, repeating her earlier statement "But that makes no sense, if this is what happens in the afterlife then the earth should be packed with ghosts. It should be crowded!"

Stiles replied uneasily scratching the back of his head nervously "That's what I don't get"

He looked around and walked a few steps away.

Maybe this was for the best?

"I think I should leave to see if I can find anyone else"

Lydia snapped "You mean like the ghost that tried to kill you? No way"

Stiles turned around to give her humourless smile as he said "I feel like I don't have an option"

Stiles had already made up his mind.

He knew that if he waited any longer she'd convince him to stay so he said quickly "I'll get back to you once I found out more information. I'll see you later"

"Stiles! Wait!" Lydia shouted, the guy that had attacked Stiles going through her mind. Shouldn't she go with him? It was dangerous to go alone if he was going to be attacked again.

However her hand which would have grabbed him, just went right through him as he started to run, hoping to get this done quickly, so he and Lydia could work this out together.

"You can't always be with me to help me" He called over his shoulder, trying to comfort her before he turned a corner and left her field of vision.

"Stiles!" Lydia yelled after him, now sounding more angry.

Stiles winced a little as he ran, looking all around, stretching his senses, looking for the feeling the other ghost had given him, he was so going to be in trouble when he got back.

A huge part of him ever since he got here was tempted to visit his Dad but...

His Dad was probably still at the funeral and he couldn't bare seeing that pure grief stricken expression on his face again. 

He hadn't seen his dad like that since...

Stiles closed his eyes, blinking away the tears.

A part of him randomly wondered how tears could even form since he didn't have physical body any more but he could still feel them forming.

No...

Don't think about that.

He didn't think he could stop himself from breaking down if he thought about what his dad must be going through.

Don't think about it.

Just shut it out of your head Stiles! He told himself.

Suddenly a strange feeling washed over him.

It was a similar feeling he got when he came across the other ghost that attacked him.

Just this instinct inside himself somehow knowing that whatever he could sense for like or similar to him.

But something else felt different about this presence yet he couldn't figure out what.

Stiles just let his feet guide him, after a couple of minutes walking he arrived at a river bank, a small river he hadn't known existed until now was in front of him, it was straight and seemed relaxed and slow. Something felt captivating about it.

He stepped closer only to suddenly stop and something else caught his eye.

A little more down the river there was a wooden bench. There was some flowered laid down next to the bench, just as Stiles would have done in life, he felt some sympathy for whoever those flowers were for, he hoped unlike him they hadn't died too young.

However he noticed something else, on the small bench there was a young man, probably about five or six years older than Stiles.

His hair was black and he seemed to be pale, he was just sitting there, staring into the stream.

He had black eyes as well, it was hard to see the pupils.

However what was most noticeable was the feeling Stiles got from him.

It was the same feeling the guy who had attacked him had felt like yet there was something different to his presence that Stiles couldn't put his finger on, something familiar maybe?

He slowly walked towards the man, who didn't seem to notice him until he was only a few steps away.

"You're like me" Stiles said warily.

The man wasn't surprised at Stiles approach and he didn't look at Stiles, still staring into the river as he said "You're new. I can sense it, you've only just crossed this river"

While Stiles thought he understood, it did sound a little crazy.

Stiles blinked a little then he said hesitantly "If your going for some sort of metaphor I guess so?" He added squinting at him a little "Sorry but have we met before?"

The man smiled, finally turning to face Stiles who felt a slight shiver go down his spine as those deep dark black eyes seemed to stare into him, like he was a machine that those eyes knew everything about.

"We have met before, you don't remember?" He said, though now sounding more amused than anything, like he knew that Stiles wouldn't remember him.

Stiles stared at him, studying his face.

"You um look familiar but I can't seem too..." Stiles said, it felt like déjà vu.

The young men stood up, putting his hand on his chest he then said "Allow me to introduce myself to you again then"

He held out his hand.

"My names Azrael"

I was quite excited to write this chapter! If you have time let me know when you think, anyway I hope you enjoy 😊