Shock

Tears streaked down Scott's face, Lydia was withholding sobs. Malia and Liam were both shocked, they hadn't been as close to Deaton as Lydia and Scott had been but they all just had been talking to him the other day?!

How could this happen?

What had happened?

Stiles comes back towards them looking grim, he had gone into the crime scene to see if he could find Deatons soul.

"Anything?" Lydia asked shakily.

He shook his head as he said feeling a bit angry at who could have done this "Nothing, a reaper must have sent him to the abyss or... eaten him"

Stiles squashed down the guilt as he thought about the reapers he had eaten, no, they attacked me and now is not the time to think about oh Stiles! He told himself.

Lydia shuddered at that but she told the rest of the pack "Stiles couldn't find his soul so his likely been sent to the abyss"

She decided not to inform them about the whole Deaton could have been eaten part, she was still progressing that herself and she didn't like how uneasy Stiles has looked.

She tried to grab his hand in comfort but Stiles moved his hand away from her, shaking his head.

She blushed as she said "Oh sorry, I forgot it takes a lot out of you too make yourself solid"

"It's not that" Stiles said slowly and he added seriously "Lydia, what if I don't come back?"

Lydia's eyes narrowed as she snapped "We've already been over this Stiles!"

The pack turned to look at what was going on, all they could see was Lydia having an argument with thin air, it was so strange to watch.

"I think you need to at least be prepared for that possibility" Stiles pleaded.

Lydia replied heatedly "I'm not having you think like that, you will"

"Um Lydia?" Liam asked, his curiously getting the better of him.

She then only realised what it must look like to the rest of the pack and reddened a little but said crossing her arms "Stiles keeps on thinking that he won't be able to get resurrected and I think we should hope for the best in this situation, don't you all?"

Her glare clearly told the pack they were in a world of trouble if they disagreed with her. The pack were eager for something to distract them all as they agreed with her quickly.

Stiles let out a reluctant sigh, knowing it would be too hard to argue now but this was just so frustrating! He just didn't want to hurt them all if he didn't win this competition and if the pride wasn't what they thought it was!

"I'm just going to have a minute to myself" He muttered, feeling like a child who wanted to go and sulk alone.

"Stiles!" Lydia said angrily as he walked of without saying anything else.

He ignored her, walking away from them.

Stiles was so deep in his own thoughts he didn't notice someone running towards him.

Until he was tackled to ground and hands were on his throat, squeezing.

Stiles starred completely shocked at who the attacker was.

What was going on? And why did he feel like he was suffocating despite being dead?

What the hell?!

But the main shock was who his attacker was.

Tears streamed down her face as she strangled him.

"E-Elizabeth?" He choked out.