This Is For You

Azraels smile sent shivers down Stiles and Lydia's spines. He was clearly defeated, though they were wary about any tricks up his sleeve as they approached him, he began to laugh.

"Well it seems fate has spoken after all and the circle repeats"

Azrael shook his head as he continued laughing to himself "I may have abused my power but you'll be no different Stiles but if fate thinks you are the one then who am I to judge? I've only been in my role for the last millions of years"

Stiles growled "What are you talking about?!"

But in his mind, doubt began to creep in. He had a feeling he knew exactly what Azrael was talking about.

This whole competition made a lot more sense.

Azrael even smirked as he replied "You already know, don't you? My end prize is not resurrection as you all hope"

Lydia still looked unsure about everything going on as she asked him hesitantly "Stiles?"

Stiles couldn't reply, didn't want to reply because he felt like that's what would make it true.

"You fed us all lies!" Stiles snapped, glaring down at him.

"I never lied, all you candidates were the ones who thought that resurrection was the prize" He sneered.

Why Azrael had been so against this competition. How usually there was just one reaper, of course Stiles thought bitterly, Deatons books were true, there was only one reaper, one angel of death.

They were all...just candidates.

"No!" Stiles muttered, shaking his head.

He couldn't accept this!

Azrail grinned darkly as he said "You'll fail, like me. You'll see"

Lydia felt what he was going do before he did it.

"Wait!" She cried out, needing answers but Azael just chuckled, igniting her "I'll see you again Stiles"

Stiles eyes widened, just now catching on what he was about to do.

A dark energy erupted from Azreal, engulfing him completely.

Stiles and Lydia both watch, horrified as Azrails huge wings folded in on themselves then the feathers all started to fall of rapidly, soon only leaving skeleton wings behind.

Azreals laughed madly as his skin started to melt from his face, dripping down to reveal bone.

In a matter of minutes Azrael had fallen silent and only his skeleton remained.

Stiles swallowed as the eye sockets seemed to stare at him accusingly, you'll be next, it seemed to say.

Then the skeleton crumpled into ashes before something replaced the ashes.

Stiles was surprised to see that Lydia looked even more shocked, stepping backwards, she could see it too?

A very large ball of fire floated in the air, much larger than any of the others.

"You can see it too?" Stiles said.

The fire was black but Stiles knew exactly what it was.

Azraels soul.

"He killed himself" Lydia said slowly, unusually her mind was having a hard time to process what was going on.

Stiles had...won?

That meant he could take his prize? But it wasn't resurrection from what she had gathered.

But then what was it?