Reapers...

Stiles was walking with Lydia to her home, both of them thinking hard about what had happened.

Azrael had rejoined them.

Samual was going to meet them later on at Lydia's home.

"So we're ghosts that can pull out and put souls into living people? Isn't that a bit creepy?" Stiles asked, shuddering a little.

When he thought about ghosts, stuff like that didn't really come up. It was all going through walls and poltergeist type powers.

Lydia seemed to be on the same wave length as him, though she had also thought of something different.

She looked at Azrael then at Stiles before she said hesitantly "Are you sure your ghosts? What if...you're all something else?"

Azrael just raised his eyebrows looking curious while Stiles blinked a couple of times, surprised by her conclusion.

"What do you mean?" Stiles asked.

"Well what if you all think your ghosts because that's what everyone thinks of when this happens to them but the thing is, we don't really know what this, even is. It's perfectly possible that since you all have no information, all this could be guesses from all the other contenders. I'm the only contact you have too the living world right? Wouldn't the same be for the others? Banshee's are rare and I can likely only see you all because of my connection to you"

Stiles started to catch on as he said "The other gho-people like me wouldn't be able to get any knowledge from the living"

Lydia asked Azrael quickly "Where did you get your information from?"

Azrael blinked, looking confused as he said "I must have picked it up from someone like me but it's such a long time now that I don't really remember"

"See, so this must be all rumours spread amongst you" Lydia said, actually sounding excited, that they were finally getting somewhere.

Stiles also felt a surge of excitement, finally some more information.

"If you don't think we're ghosts then what do you think we are?"Azrael asked though he surprisingly didn't sound eager or excited like them, just calm and curious.

Lydia said hesitantly, turning towards them as they came to a stop at her house "I have an idea but I don't think you both are going to like it"

Stiles and Azrael both came to a halt next to her, watching her squirm a little.

She gave a anxious laugh as she said "If I'm right this definitely is going to freak Samual out"

Stiles waited for her patiently to continue as this seemed difficult for her to say. The fact she seemed worried about it made Stiles feel uneasy.

"I think" She said "You're all Reapers"

Stiles could practically feel his mouth hanging open in shock.

"Reapers?! Aren't they evil? Don't they go around stealing peoples s-"

He stopped talking.

Wait a minute....

Stiles felt like an idiot.

At Stiles realisation Lydia jumped on that.

"Exactly! You can see souls, take them away and can give them back. That doesn't sound like ghost abilities to me, that sounds more like-"

"A Reaper" Azrael murmured.

His eyes sparked with an unknown emotion as he studied Lydia, looking at her in a new light "That's a clever deduction. I could see that holding true"

Stiles shuddered at Lydia's theory.

"I don't mean this in a bad way but I really hope your wrong"

He was a reaper?

It made him feel sick to his stomach to be the sort of creature that caused death.

She gave him a nervous smile as she said "I can understand that"

He was about to share his horror and disgust with it all however he was interrupted.

A scream and cries of terror screeched through the air but it wasn't just that, an urge Stiles hadn't felt before demanded him to follow the screams.

He couldn't ignore it.

Lydia didn't question him when he started to run towards it, she and Azrael followed and Stiles assumed Azrael was getting the same feeling as him. 

They arrived a couple of minutes later at a public swimming pool.

Stiles swallowed down his tears at the scene before him.

A young child, no older than five, was lying in his crying and screaming mothers arms.

She was hysterical and it was no wonder.

The young child was pale, no signs of life.

It was very clear what must have happened. The child was wet and no one was in the pool any more, everyone crowding around them.

Stiles had heard that children tend to drown more silently than you would expect.

"We were too late" Stiles said shakily.

Azrael shook his head as he said "No, we're exactly where we should be"

He nodded his head towards something tiny and  white flickering in the air, a tiny flame.

A soul.

A tiny soul.

Hi! I don't have time to reply to any comments currently on my previos chapter because I am about to start work however I will do in my break, hope you enjoy my chapter and let me know what you think 😁