Not For The Living

Stiles expected disgust, anger and disappointment, maybe she wouldn't want anything to do with him any more?

Instead he tensed up as he felt her grab his hand and squeezing comfortingly.

As he looked up at her, there was nothing that suggested any of what he had thought. Her eyes were full of sympathy and affection.

"Stiles, you're supernatural now, I don't blame you at all for not being able to control yourself" She said softly.

Stiles felt like he didn't deserve this understanding as he said shaking his head "But I'm meant to protect people and I just..."

He put his head in his hand and Lydia slowly wrapped her arms around him, comfortingly.

"It's okay" She said gently and Stiles leaned into her, his body relaxing which felt like the first time in a long time.

So she didn't blame him?

Stiles felt like crying out of relief.

She then leant away and slowly lifted his chin slightly before gently kissing him on the lips, it didn't last very long at all due to Stiles not being able to hold his solid form that long yet it felt sweet, kind and comforting.

Just what Stiles needed. 

Stiles smiled but his voice still felt sad and Lydia knew it would take him longer to get over what he'd done as he asked her quietly "I don't deserve you, what did I do to deserve you?"

Lydia wanted to grab him and shake him but she knew he wouldn't be able to hold his solid form for much longer so she just looked him in the eyes and said seriously "Stiles you did everything and I should be asking you that, with how I treated you in the past..."

She knew she had looked down on him and had used to think he was worthless, how much she hated herself for that opinion and how wrong she had been!

"Doesn't matter" Stiles mumbled, starting to look very tired due to the training, his own emotions and staying in solid form, catching up with him.

"It matters to me and it should matter to you" She said, wishing she could help his self worth more.

Stiles felt a rush of sleepiness that he couldn't stop, cause his eyes to close slowly. This happened when he used to much power so he wasn't that surprised at it.

"It's fine Stiles, I'll stay here" Lydia told him as she watched him struggle to stay awake, with that reassurance Stiles slowly went to sleep.

They would continue on training for the rest of the day and she just hoped they were all ready when death finally made its appearance.

They had even gathered everyone in the pack and figured out what to do. They figured Stiles had more of a chance with everyone there, ready to fight. Stiles hadn't wanted to put them all in damage but Lydia had just ignored his protests so he didn't have much of a choice in the matter. 

A couple more days past with the same routine, Stiles spend hours after Lydia's work training with her while all the pack waited close by, just in case.

Finally one day...

The air seemed a little colder than usual.

The sky seemed darker and Stiles felt him approaching. A heavy presence, it wasn't threatening per say, just powerful.

He doesn't know about the information we received from Deaton Stiles thought.

Stiles warned Lydia of his presence and she quickly hurried away, going towards where the rest of pack were hiding and waiting.

Waiting to strike.

"Stiles, it's been a long time" Azrael hummed as he walked into view, he looked completely calm, even had his hands in his pockets but there was this...predatory spark in his dark eyes that made Stiles uneasy.

"You've always given me the creeps, you know that right?" Stiles nervously chuckled.

The tension in the air felt so thick you could cut it with a knife.

Azrael smiled coldly as he replied "Ah, is that why your pack is currently surrounding  us on all sides?"

Crap, he'd noticed Stiles thought grimacing.

He knew it wouldn't work!

The pack realising their was no reason to hide, either came out behind trees or jumped down from them.

They all seemed fairly confident though, to them Azrael didn't look remarkable, Azrael was wearing a black leather jacket and a tight black t-short and black jeans.

There was this threatening presence around him though but considering he was meant to be "death" he didn't look that different.

Unlike Stiles the pack could see Azrael and Stiles wasn't sure if that was a good thing.

"You lied to us" Lydia snapped, glaring at him.

"I helped you and Stiles figure out what was going on" Azael said, still smiling. 

"We could have figured it out without you" Stiles said coldly, glaring at him.

"Could you now?" Azrael chuckled, not believing them. 

What Stiles didn't get was if Azrael had figured out Stiles knew who he was, why wasn't he attacking?

"Is this seriously who Stiles was waiting for?" Liam whispered to Scott. 

But Azrael clearly heard him as his smile grow as he said "What, you don't believe me?"

It was not the words that stopped everyone short but the tone of voice he used..

As he spoke his voice seemed to warp into something different, something terrifying.

Something that the living were never supposed to hear.