The Best Movement In The World

Lydia stared as Stiles stood very still, stiller than she's ever see him stand, his hand over his heart. She tried to see any other changes apart from the obvious.

His new black wings were large and if she hadn't known Stiles, she probably would feel a bit intimidated.

His skin was now a grey colour, and his eyes and hair slightly darker than before but there didn't seem to be any other changes.

However Lydia felt unnerved by how still he was standing.

There was also this feeling in the air, this presence that she'd never felt before. This feeling that she was standing in front of a very powerful being.

"Stiles?" She asked him, cornered.

Finally the far away look in his darker eyes seemed to vanish as he focused on her. 

He gave her a hesitant smile as he said "Sorry, this is all a little overwhelming"

And then Stiles said, sounding wistful and his smile turned a little sad "I suppose I'm still dead"

Lydia shook her head as she said firmly "You're not dead to me, you never will be"

Stiles didn't really understand how Lydia could still look at him like that, full of affection and love despite what he'd become but it somehow made him feel warm inside, despite the coldness in his chest. He closed his eyes, already feeling the new power, spreading out across the world.

It was completely instinctive, he could feel how he was connected to the world, connected to the cycle of life and death.

If he'd still been a candidate or a human he knew he wouldn't be able to cope with this new power, this new knowledge.

He could now sense every single death on earth as it happened, a constant wave splashing over him and he somehow knew what he needed to do and how to control this scary yet phenomenal power.

Without lifting a finger or truly even focusing on it, he could collect souls and send them to the abyss or sense if the death was a mistake and be able to push the soul back in the body.

In one minute, across the world, 106 people had died and in that same minute Stiles had easily collected and sent every single soul to the abyss.

It was like his power was working automatically that he could control while he was standing here, in the forest, it was a surreal otherworldly experience.

But that also reminded him of the real reason why he had taken on this new role.

Stiles knew as soon as he truly felt how powerful he'd truly become, he could bring them back.

That becoming this god of death and sacrificong any possibility of becoming human again, having a beating heart again had been worth it.

Because he could bring them back, this was all for them.

Stiles finally smiled, actually smiled with no bitterness or sadness.

"I can do it" He said, giving a laugh of delight, finally feeling some joy over his situation.

Lydia looked up at me, her eyes widening in realisation and hope.

"You mean..." She said, not daring to believe it.

Stiles grinned and he called upon his new power. He knew what to do.

He stretched his hands out slightly and unknown to him his eyes became even darker, almost looking black.

The words came to his lips with ease, like he had been doing this for years.

"Here me souls, you were given to me by mistake, now as your master I command you. Return back to the living! Return!"

At first nothing happened then the wind around them suddenly picked up and Stiles watched fascinated as his hands started to glow white two flames, one white and one blue flickered to life, one human and one supernatural soul.

Stiles lowered his hands and smiled kindly down at them.

The human soul stayed calm on his hand while the supernatural soul bounced a little in what seemed like anticipation, seeming more high energy, that was to be expected for a younger soul.

Scott McCall was always ready for his next adventure or challenge.

"You've had an interesting journey but you won't remember it when you wake up"

It wasn't that he knew this, he was telling the souls what would happen, they couldn't disobey him, if he said they would forget once they were back in their bodies, then they would forget.

Stiles took them up to his mouth and gave a light puff of air, that was all they needed to fly from his hand.

The human soul set of on an alone adventure, slowly flying away from them until it could not be seen.

Stiles hoped Deaton would find his body easily and if not he'd track down the lost soul and help him out.

While the supernatural soul speedily wizzed towards its body with a quickness that surprised Stiles and Lydia.

"Hey, Wait!" Stiles chuckled and the soul bobbed up and down agitated.

Stiles rolled his eyes as he said "Wait for the pack"

Stiles then picked up the other confused souls flickering around their bodies and pushed each of them gently back into their bodies.

He finally picked up the last soul and smiled down at them.

"I'll be seeing you soon Scotty"

He gently pushed the soul back into the alpha's body, Scott's skin that had become incredibly pale, suddenly had colour once more.

Then he breathed once again.

"You did it! They're alive! You did it!" Lydia almost shouted unable to contain her happiness and relief and she pulled him into a hug.

Stiles hugged her back, he couldn't stop himself from laughing in delight as he watched Scott and the rest of the packs chests finally move up and down as they all once again began to breathe because wasn't that the best movement in the world?

There is two or three chapters left! I hope you enjoyed!