The Connection To Death

He wasn't sure why he hadn't talked about it. He was planning to talk about it however the talk about his possible resurrection had distracted him.

At first nothing happened but the more he focused, the more he imagined himself doing it he felt something connecting himself to the object.

Like an invisible hand slowly reaching out, the more focused he was and the clearer the image of the object lifting up in the air was, the stronger he could feel this strange connection.

Until it finally happened, the can started to tremble then slowly it started to rise in the air.

He grinned brightly.

This was so cool!

However as soon as he lost his focus the can fell back to the ground but Stiles was enthusiastic anyway.

He'd never thought he'd have any kind of abilities. Though the situation wasn't good at least he could do something like this.

This was amazing!

Superpowers were always cool in his eyes, no matter how old he was, he'd been fascinated with fantastical as long as he could remember and the supernatural world had only made him more curious.

He had been a little jealous of the supernatural Stiles had to admit yet the stuff the werewolves and other supernaturals had to put up with Stiles had thought he might actually be lucky not be supernatural.

However here he was feeling his heart jump in excitement that he also now was sort of supernatural.

Yet he also felt a sliver of uneasiness, he could possibly be destroyed by another ghost, his soul going to abyss, never to return.

He shuddered thinking about it.

Lydia's anguish flashed through his mind.

No, he couldn't do that to her, not again.

If winning this competition meant he could stay with her longer and stay with his friends longer that meant he would do whatever it took to win.

He focused harder on the can and it suddenly flung itself up into the air.

If I want to do well, I need to focus as much as I can on this Stiles thought, he needed to get as strong as he could get with this ability so he could win.

A new determination surged through his bones.

About three hours later Stiles was back at the river, to his surprise it seemed Azrael had not moved from his spot, still sitting on that bench.

Well Stiles thought, at least his easy to find.

Oh wait, his name was Azrael? Why hadn't he been able to think of that before? The name once again seemed important, like he should be making some sort of connection with the name, like he has heard it before even before meeting Azrael but just like last time he could not get himself to remember.

Stiles walked hurriedly towards this mysterious figure.

Azrael once again seemed to know he was there without turning around.

"So you're back" He said.

"I swear if you say I was expecting you or something like that I think I might run the other way" Stiles huffed.

Azrael chuckled as he said "Why would I do that?"

"You have this creepy vibe going on if you couldn't tell"

Azrael looked amused at that but he did give a small nod as he said "I've been told something similar before. I will try and refrain doing anything ah creepy then if I am to win your trust"

He added now fully looking at Stiles from his seat on the bench "I suppose there is more for you to tell me than that?"

Stiles clapped his hands together as he remembered the reason he had decided to find Azrael again.

He couldn't ask Lydia about it since he hadn't told her yet.

He grinned.

"Watch this"

Stretching his hands out so he could feel the connection more easily, he focused, three hours of hard work was brought to the surface.

Azrael looked confused for a split second then his eyes widened in shock as the bench he was still sitting on moved a couple of inches up into the air.

It only lasted for a couple of seconds before Stiles had to stop, the bench landing back down on to the ground.

Azrael stood up, still looking shocked.

"You actually did it? This quickly?" He murmured, staring at Stiles with an intense gaze.

Stiles blinked a couple of times as he said "Um is that not normal?"

"Most ghosts I know took a couple of months to do what you just did"

Stiles swallowed and a small amount of nerves sparked up and down his body as he said "Ah..."

Azrael gave Stiles a studying look as he said "You didn't come across as the type of person with a strong connection to death but perhaps I was wrong about you"

Okay, now Stiles was really confused and a little frustrated as well, why was he so out of his depth? 

He saw Stiles confused expression and decided to put him out of his misery, he seemed to enjoy revealing more about this new strange world he'd stumbled into. 

"Usually the more you've been around death, when you were living, the better you are at controlling those abilities" 

Stiles muttered "Oh" 

That suddenly made a lot of sense... 

A lot of people he'd known had died, some right in front of him and when he'd been possessed he had been responsible for a lot of deaths. 

Another thought came to him as well, a strong connection with death, that didn't have be literal did it? Lydia's power revolved around death, she was a Banshee after all, could she also be helping him without even being next to him? 

Thinking about Lydia, his thoughts went back to Azrael, the guy was clearly suspicious but maybe Lydia would have a better understanding of all this? Maybe by properly meeting another ghost she could activate her banshee abilities and find out more information, they still didn't know much about how her abilities worked, maybe they could find out something Azrael didn't even know? Or maybe the opposite? Perhaps Azrael knew about Banshee's with his knowledge about this current situation?

"I think, I want you to meet someone special to me"