Beacon

"Azrael!" Stiles shouted "Anyone here!?"

He swore he was in the place Azrael usually was, on that bench, next to the river yet no matter how hard he looked he couldn't find the river or Azrael. Stiles didn't understand this, how hard was it meant to be, finding a freaking river?

What the hell was going on?

Then his senses suddenly alerted him to a presence. 

It wasn't as heavy as Azraels but Stiles ran towards it anyway.

Running deeper into the park.

He skidded to a halt where his senses tingled more sharply, there was another Reaper around here somewhere. 

He tried to get his last encounter out of his head.

Ignore the small ounce of hunger that rumbled in his stomach.

Stop it! 

"Who are you?!"

Stiles twisted around to see a girl, she looked about nineteen, glaring at him from behind a tree.

He put his hands up, trying to show her he came in peace.

She snapped "Answer me!"

He said gently "I'm like you. Something...bad happened to you and you just became like this, right?

Stiles added, continuing to talk, knowing that he was getting through to her "I was FBI"

He gestured to the uniform he was still in.

"Something bad happened to me while I was trying to break up a fight"

The hostility seemed to leave her as he spoke, her body not as tensed up and she slowly stepped out behind the tree.

"We're dead aren't we?" She said, despite being nineteen, she sounded rather like a little fearful child.

Not that Stiles blamed her, death scared all ages.

She said opening up a little more looking scared "I met some others that felt like me, like you. They...they wanted to eat me"

Stiles withheld a flinch at that.

Was it those ones that had attacked him?

The ones he had...

No, don't think about it!

Just get it out of your head!

"Were they near here?" Stiles asked.

"No, they're from my town" She said then added at Stiles confused expression "I came from another state, after it happened, I was so confused but I felt like something was...calling to me so I just came here"

Calling to her?

Wait, this is Beacon Hills, of course, they were technically supernatural beings now so they'd feel the pull of the ley lines across the town.

"You seem young" Stiles said, a little hesitated at asking but she seemed to understand.

"A car accident, I think they were speeding but either way, they didn't see me. I expected myself to be angry with them but it was strange even though they were strangers they were more distraught over my own death than I was but maybe I'm still in shock, this still feels like I'm dreaming"

She shuddered as she said "The people that were like me, that wanted to-to eat me, scared me more"

"Sounds like you handled it better than I did" Stiles said, making sure he sounded more gentle and comforting.

She gave him a weak smile as she said "I think a big part of me still thinks I'm dreaming and I'll wake up any moment, that's how I'm holding it together right now"

"What's your name? I'm Stiles" He asked her.

"I'm Elizabeth" Elizabeth said.