The Flash - Copy Cat - Chapter 2

This story is incomplete due to a lack of helpful scripts. I was using IMDb episode summary for the second episode and that didn't work out super well.

Detective West called Ashley and Barry to investigate a crime scene of a murder in a shop. While surveillance showed only one man shooting the person, Barry noted that six people with the same shoe size were responsible for the marks in the floor.

Ashley took the samples of various elements up to the lab and started testing while Barry spoke to Detective West. He later came back up to the lab, working with Ashley. Barry seemed to experience a dizzy spell, but when Ashley asked, he brushed it off.

Iris came in and, having not noticed Ashley right away, complained that she was bored being a journalist. She reminded Barry that he was going to meet with her and explained why scientist/industrialist Simon Stagg was receiving a reward from the local university.

Detective Thawne arrived, checking with Barry and Ashley (Iris only then realized Ashley was there), and Barry made a remark about how he knew the two of them were a couple.

"Good thing I did too," Ashley said, noting the slight amount of annoyance in her comment. "Or I'd learn now."

"Sorry, Ashley," Barry muttered.

"Don't worry, I'm used to being in the background."

Ashley ignored the hurt look on Barry's face.

"I didn't mean-"

Ashley was already out the door.

***

Ashley and Barry had been working together in the lab for a few weeks at that point. After Maria showed up, Barry had realized that Ashley was the same Ashley that Maria had introduced to him and Iris. She'd made a similar comment then.

Before Maria had met her, Ashley was almost invisible. People knew her name, and that she was the new girl, but that was about it. They didn't really know who she was, and Ashley didn't really care. She had been just as invisible at her old school in Midway City, so it wasn't all that bad.

Then she met Maria Cobbler, who'd sat next to her at lunch, and brought her two best friends, Barry Allen and Iris West. Ashley then got absorbed into their little group, but after high school and into college, they kind of broke apart. Ashley remained close with Maria, but she didn't get as close to Barry and Iris.

Now, she sat at a bench at one of Central City's parks, slightly unsure of how she got there. She just figured she was too wrapped up in her head to realize where she was going. She got a call from Joe, saying that someone attacked Simon Stagg's party.

Ashley said that she would be there as soon as she could be.

When she got there, Detectives West and Thawne were taking statements. Ashley overheard the security guard describing how an invisible force took him outside, and she noticed Detective West pull Barry aside.

Ashley was up late that night, testing things from various cases that she needed to. She was the only one there, and the fact that there was a STAR Labs sweatshirt laying discarded over a chair did not escape her notice. Detective West came in, looking for Barry.

He noticed the map board, and Ashley heard the sound of him pulling up the map, revealing the board beneath where she and Barry had been piecing together a timeline of odd occurrences in the past ten months.

"Ashley, did you know about this?" Detective West asked. Ashley looked over her shoulder.

"Yeah, and? We've both been curious about all the weird things... unexplainable things happening in Central City since the particle accelerator exploded."