Timeless - Chapter 2

She was surprised she hadn't heard the alarms, but maybe she missed it because she'd been so wrapped up in her thoughts. Brynn hurried back to the launch pad, getting a surprised look from Agent Christopher. Brynn looked at them and asked her question.

"When?" Brynn repeated her question, not wanting to answer Agent Christopher's.

Connor gave her an answer, and Agent Christopher still asked. "Connor called you, like... a minute ago. I thought you went home. How'd you get here so fast?"

"Does it matter?" Brynn asked.

"We've got until the others show up, Brynn. You can trust her," Connor said.

"That's what Rufus told me about Lucy and Wyatt," Brynn scoffed. "You both realize why I have trust issues, right?"

"Brynn, it's just us," Connor said.

"What's going on?" Agent Christopher asked.

"You have files on us, right?" Brynn asked, feeling her anger well.

"Not you. I wasn't the one who brought you into this."

Brynn looked at Connor. She took a deep breath, and figured she just wouldn't say everything. "I don't have a 'home', Agent Christopher. I live in an old office here. I get my meals in the breakroom." Brynn peeled off, leaving Connor and Agent Christopher. She just wanted a break from people trying to tell her what to do.

She saw Rufus and Wyatt walking together, coming towards where Brynn was, watching the doors for the others.

"Brynn?" Wyatt asked. "How'd you get here so fast?"

"What's changed in your lives?" Lucy asked, meeting them, not giving Brynn a chance to answer the question.

"What?" Brynn asked, startled by the sudden change in conversation.

"Since we got back from 1937, what has changed for you?" Lucy asked again.

"I just had an unsuccessful evening with a girl, so nothing, really," Rufus commented.

"I don't think anything's changed for me," Brynn shrugged.

"Why? What's wrong?" Wyatt asked.

"My sister's gone," Lucy responded.

"Gone? Gone where?" Wyatt asked.

"Gone as in erased from history. Something that Flynn did or we did to the "Hindenburg" has changed my family. My mother isn't sick anymore, and my sister was never born."

"Lucy, we have a dossier on you," Agent Christopher broke in, coming over, "and it doesn't say anything about a sister."

Lucy looked flustered. Brynn could almost imagine. If her sister had suddenly been erased from history? She'd be just as freaked out. Lucy opened her locket. Inside was a picture of her and another woman, who looked like Lucy, but with lighter hair. "Look, this is her right here."

"You wore this on the trip back to 1937?" Connor asked, looking at the lockett in his hand. "That is incredible. You took it from a timeline where your sister existed, carried it here, to where she doesn't."

Lucy snatched back her lockett. "I do not share your excitement, Mr. Mason. Whatever changed, you have to change back. Change it back." Her tone was full of anger.

"I'm sorry, Lucy, but Flynn is hours ahead of us," Agent Christopher said. "We don't have time for this."

"Why not? We have a time machine, don't we?"

"Flynn could be decimating history right now! Our reality could change like that any second. You need to go."

"Not until we figure this out."