Chapter 13

"Eh,screw it! Let's just blow it up and call it a day."

The fight was quite a hassle for Tanjiro. He had difficulties but in the end, was able to slice the two demons' head. What happened after the demon girl's head was cut and she uttered the name of the Demon Lord was beyond their imagination. Sanehiro and Giichi and probably Yushiro and Tamayo were used to seeing this happen. They knew the affects of uttering his name, the cost would be that demon's life. Muzan was that much of a coward that just because a demon uttered his name, out of fear for his safety, the cells inside of the demon would kill itself. Poor kid, thought Sanehiro. He probably never have seen something like this.

"Remind me to never tease Nezuko-san again."

Giichi chuckled at Sanehiro's pale face yet nodded noncholantly. Seeing her strength first hand had scared them just a bit... Just a bit...

" I'm surprised that Nezuko could be that fierce. Guess, Tanjiro's words were right. She really sees humans as her family... No wonder our Master took a special liking to her."

"But let's accept it: You were scared for her when her leg was cut because of that ball, Sanehiro~"

"Hell nah, why would I be!? She's a demon, she can heal herself!"

Giichi looked at him judgingly yet shrugged his shoulder and went to Tanjiro. He was kinda traumatized and upon seeing it, Giichi looked at him awkwardly, not knowing how to console him.

"I know it's hard to see it, especially with your sense of emphaty, but we must hope that they'll be in a better place. Now, let's go... Tamayo-san and Yushiro-san are downstairs with Nezuko-chan. We need to go as soon as possible."

Tanjiro nodded in gratitude and took his extended hand. He was curious about the two men. As far as he can tell, Giichi was calmer and somehow had a bit of moral, something his master said a slayer wouldn't have. But by the smell of him, he also was drowning in some kind of guilt and insecurities. Since he has been nothing but kind to him and even offered his sister his haori, Tanjiro couldn't help but think of him as an older brother.

The fact that he looked a lot like Giyuu who had showed him a path to save his sister just... irked him a bit. Why did he look a lot like him? Were they perhaps relatives?

When they went down to meet with the others, they heard Sanehiro's yell which made both of them giggle quietly.

"Go away, Nezuko! I don't want hug-AH, COME ON!!"

Sanehiro yelled out in frustration when Nezuko pat his hair softly, humming to herself. Tanjiro smiled at the grumpy man who resembled a cat more than a slayer.

"Nezuko probably sees you as family. That's why she is patting you."

"Onii-chan~"

"I swear, if you pull that shit I'll cut you to pieces!"

"You wouldn't. You're way too scared of Oyakata-sama."

He groaned exaggeratedly but put his arms around her and hugged her as well. Tamayo, who was watching the scene unfold in front of her lovingly, was shocked when Nezuko threw herself on her. Feeling her hug tighten around her resurfaced the old memories of her children who would run at her and tug her kimono down to gain her attention. And hearing that she viewed her as family, human made her cry onto her shoulder. Four men smiled and prayed that things would go smoothly when Tamayo talked to Tanjiro directly.

" Are you willing to leave Nezuko here? You got that Temari demon's blood but that wouldn't be enough. The fact that Nezuko doesn't consume blood or flesh, maybe the answer is within her. I'd like examine her more closely, if you let me."