Chapter 16

"Wake up... Hey, come on, wake up... Wakey wakey... How many times do I need to call out..."

"Tanjiro, Zenitsu is chasing after Nezuko again!"

The kakushi just deadpanned at Giichi since he was able to wake the boy in a second whereas he wasn't fort he past 10 minutes. Tanjiro jolted awake and looked around franticaly but heard that Giichi was chuckling at him despite their situation and couldn't help but pout, even if he was tied and hurt. Giichi actually felt bad for what he did, knowing that even if Tanjiro trusted Zenitsu now, him clinging on his sister all the time wasn't a nice thing to see as an older brother.

"you could have woke me up differently, Giichi-san..." he struggled to get up with his shaky legs, accepting Giichi's help gladly as the young man smiled awkwardly.

"I'm sorry, Tanjiro-kun but no worries... He's actually not here, he is being treated." He looked behind him with a deadly look as he stared down at the "Hashiras", already feeling a headache coming before he turned to Tanjiro with a warm hand on his shoulder, helping him sit up. "Don't listen to these fuckers... They are sprouting nonsense."

He looked back to see all those tall men looking down at them as if they were Gods among them, puffing their chests out. They both knew that look very well,

"You know what, if everyone is descendants of the ones in our time... They're actually much better than this clowns..."

"Oi, don't insult people especially when there are women! I'm sorry for my rude comrade here." Sanehiro exclaimed after hitting the back of Giichi's head, eliciting giggles from the female Hashiras, Shinobu and Mitsuri, as they looked at them bicker back and forth. The sight creeped them out at first, you could guess that seeing two men who looked exactly the same as your comrades who was angry almost all the time and a bit more, and the other silent all the time. Shinobu was good at hiding her emotions after... the accident, but Mitsuri had always felt them a lot. She eas rhe Love Hashira after all, it only made sense that her emotions, especially love, was strong.

And besides, seeing two strong men who looked exactly like her comrades yet have so different personalities was very endearing and adorable.

As Shinobu looked at them curiously while Mitsuri held a deep adoration for the two men, they dusted their uniforms and sat down on the yard without glancing at them. They knew that if they weren't dealing with demons, their situation would be a lot worse than usual since they wouldn't have believed in them, not that they were doing it now, but they were at least glad that the kids were fine and alive even if Zenitsu was just lucky to not turn into a demon spider by mere seconds and Inosuke was lucky that his throat wasn't crushed entirely.

Thise kids attract danger all the time... They're gonna give me headaches and grey hair by just hangimg around them for a few months...

"Oh, and Tanjiro, you're at the presence of the Hashiras so please, behave." said Giichi as he pointed to the back, making the young boy who resembled his own master eerily widen his eyes at the sight of many tall and broad men. He gulped down nervously as he looked at Giichi for help but he only shrugged his shoulders, not having a clue what to do. The Hashiras stared at each other and then the two men that was protecting the kid who disobeyed the rules and the box that hid what they despised, what they killed.

A Demon.

That was the main reason of their distrust of the two seemingly strong "Hashiras". How could they trust a mere kid who wasn't strong enough, who disobeyed direct rules? Why would they?

And how could they trust two men who was supposed to share the same ideologies as them, acting protective of the two kids who were an abomination in their eyes?