chapter 23

*the next morning*

It was around 11:55 on a Saturday and Ced still hadn't woken up, so I decided to check if he was okay, since girls could go to the boys' dormitory.

"Can I come in?" I said knocking on the door.

"No, go away" I heard him say.

"Ced it's me y/n," I said gently.

After a few seconds, the door opened and I saw Cedric with puffy red eyes.

"Are you ok ced?" I asked him, stunned.
"No," he said looking away trying not to cry again.

I closed the door and sat him on the bed holding his hand.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked him in a comforting tone.

"Yesterday after you left, I invited Cho to my room, and she told me that she wanted to take a break from us, it's all my fault, I was a bad boyfriend," he said crying.

"Oh no, no Cedric doesn't say that you are the perfect boyfriend, it's not your fault, maybe she had too many things in her mind and she needed to sort them out,t," I said shocked trying to hold my tears, my heart broke in so many pieces seeing him like that.

"You don't know, maybe I'm her problem,m,", he said sobbing.

"How can you be her problem, you're such a perfect boyfriend who would do so much for her, don't think of yourself like that there could be many other things," I said patting his head.

" I loved her so much, and she broke m,e," he said wiping his tears.

"I know you did, but don't let this break you, you're very strong Cedric, you passed through worse things, you are Cedric Diggory the boy who participated in the Triwizard tournament and came out alive, e," I said laughing a Lil, he laughed too.

"You're an amazing person Cedric, don't let this bring you down," I said smiling at him.

"Can you stay with me for a little bit?" he asked me.

"Of course,e I'll stay with you for how long you want," I said wiping his tears, I played his head on my lap and started patting his head.
Ie and Cedric have been friends for almost 6 years I've never seen him like this, so broken, seeing him like this made my heart sink.

After an hour or something saw that he fell asleep, I could see that he hadn't slept all night.

I put his head on the pillow and let him sleep "sleep well" I whispered kissing his head.

Since it was around lunchtime I decided to go to the great hall.

There was almost no one, I saw Draco, Theo, Pans,y, and Blaise on the Slytherin table so I Joined them.

"Hey guys", I said plopping on the chair.

"Where were you?" Theo and Draco asked me at the same time.

" I was with Ced, he wasn't feeling good",i said trying to hold my tears.

"What happened?" Draco asked me holding my hand.

"He and Cho broke up" i said sadly.

"Oh, I'm sorry for him" he said with a confused tone.

"Yeah, but seeing him this sad broke my heart" i said laughing when a single tear fell down.

"Oh don't cry" Draco said laughing putting his arm on mine pulling me closer.

"He looked so sad, you could see that they loved each other so much, I've always whished to have something like they have" i said.

"He'll be fine give him some time, He'll heal with time" Theo said smiling.

" I see you know a lot about break ups" i said laughing.

"I'm just good at giving advice" he said laughing back.

"Well i loved talking to y'all but I'll go check on him and give him something to eat" i said while taking some food.

"I'll see you later" draco said kissing me on the head.

"I love you" i whispered at him while leaving.

As i was walking the Hufflepuff common room i met mione.

"Oh hi y/n, where are you taking all of this food?" she asked me curiously.

"Oh it's for ced he isn't feeling well, but I'll see you later I'm in a hurry" i said.

Before she could answer i already left.

I entered Cedric's room, and woke him up.

"Hey ced wake up you need to eat something" i said shaking him.

He woke up and sat down and i sat in front of him.

"Come on you need to eat" i said putting the plate in front of him.

"I'm not in the mood" he said half asleep.

"I know you're not in the mood but if you don't eat you'll get sick, and that's even worse" i said.

"Fine" he said giving in.

While he ate i noticed he definitely felt better after sleeping, we talked a lot trying to make him feel better.

"Wanna go outside,? you didn't leave your room for the whole day, maybe fresh air will make you feel better" i suggested hoping he'll say yes.

"Sure, I'll change" he said getting up.

I left his room to give him some privacy.

When he finished changing we went outside.

"How do you feel?" I asked him gently.

"Better than this morning, oh y/n i wanted to stay alone for a little bit" he said smiling.

"Oh yeah sure, I'll go inside then" I said smiling at him.