10. Fountain Chat

Your classes weren't boring. Mostly because you and Billy have been passing notes and whispering to eachother. He still seemed off about the envelope letter that you found this morning. Even weirder how you're in every class with him and that you sit next to him in every class, but you don't mind. It's actually pretty fun talking to him.

He seems like a really nice guy. You know you can't have a crush on him since he's dating Sidney but she can't just go through your body and read you. He is a really nice guy and is really hot. It makes your mind go crazy. You start developing feelings for him each second. 5th period is over so which means it's lunch time. You go to your locker to get your lunch since you were never a really big fan of school lunches.

Billy follows you, but makes it look like he's just getting his lunch too. You open your locker and he opens his and looks at you and looks away each second to not act suspicious. You grab your lunch and close your locker and see Billy staring at you. "You okay?" You asked. "Oh, yeah" he laughs a little and you start walking down the hall until Billy walks by you.

"Hey, umm, I sit outside on a fountain by others, wanna join?" "Umm, okay.." he smiles and walks you both outside. Ohhh. Tatum, Sidney, Stu, and some other guy with spikey brown hair. "That's Randy" he says pointing to him. "Oh, okay" Sidney looks at you both with a bit of jealousy. You sit next to her so she doesn't think of it too much.

Tatum eats her grapes that are sitting on the edge of the fountain. You then hear the announcements. "Curfew tonight! Curfew tonight! Stay safe to all" fantastic. Randy, Tatum, Billy, Stu, and Sidney all eye you. You look down worriedly. Tatum rubs your shoulder. Hurry up and be over with this day.

"They asked me if I liked to hunt" Stu breaks the silence. "Hunt? Why'd they ask you if you like to hunt?" Tatum replies. "Because their bodies were gutted" Randy said. "Thank you for that, Randy" Billy said. You cover your mouth with a feeling of sickness. Sidney notices and smiles at you for reassurance. "They didn't ask me if I like to hunt" Tatum said.

Billy's eyes lands on the bandaid wrap around your hand. He does a little huff. He knows that you punched your mirror only because you were pissed and sad about Casey being dead. He didn't feel sorry about killing her, he felt sorry because you were there to watch it happen. Even though you were there, he continued his and Stu's plan anyway.

Sidney looks down at your hand. "Oh my god, I didn't even notice that, what happened?" She whispered. "Oh, um..my cat scratched me..." it was a stupid lie but it would have to do. She squinted her eyes and nods slowly, not being sure if she should believe that. Stu and Billy are eyeing the shit out of you as if you just killed someone.

You weren't questioned by the principal or police today since they already know that you were there. "Well, welcome to this shit hole where there is your local pervert principal, a shit ton of rumors, and us" Tatum said. She wasn't wrong. The principal was a little creepy. Some girls walked by you guys and looked at you weirdly.

You zone out when you hear Randy say "that was an ice pick, not exactly the same thing" then Stu replies saying "yeah, but Casey and Steve were completely hallowed out. The fact it takes a man to do something like that" "or the man's mentality.." Tatum said. Okay, yeah, no. Are they really forgetting that you're sitting right there? You take out your headphones out of your backpack and your mixed tape player and turn on music. You stand up and sit next to Billy. Sidney watches as Billy smiles at you when you sit next to him and gets a bit suspicious.

Billy lays down and turns his head towards you. You look at him and he smiles. You smile back and turn your attention back to the people and bikes going past you. The News vans are still all around and waiting until you're alone so they can suffocate you some more. You roll your eyes. You then see Randy stand up and say something. You heard something like "liver in the mailbox". You try to ignore it all but can't. Billy's eyes are still on you. You take off your headphones and turn off the music. Sidney then says. "How do you..gut someone..?" You look at her weirdly.

Who the hell asks that? "You take a knife. And slit em from it's growing esternal-" "hey! It's called tact, you fuck rag" Billy interrupts. You start to get triggered and you stand up. "Okay- yeah- this isn't going to work..." you put your headphones and mixtape player into your backpack. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, where you goin?" Billy asked grabbing your pinkie.

"To sit somewhere else-" "don't you need help to find your last class?" He interrupts. "No. I'll be fine!" You snatch your pinkie away and walk over by the tree near the door and sit down. Billy is watching you with an unreadable expression on his face. "People need to shut the fuck up...." you mumble.