[chapter 11 the truth]

"Your father died in the Taisho era, he was going to get you." Grandpa grimly said. (Y/n) was in shock.

"What...?" He could only mutter.

"Yes... You were about 3 and started to run around a lot. You could go anywhere but the dojo was off limits. You got curious and decided to run and explore. You opened the portal door shit thingie and went through no one was there so you ran further. Your father was home alone with you but he had to cook for you mom he noticed you were gone and felt he needed to go to the dojo. When he went he ran and ran everywhere and heard your cries. He saw that a monster was about to eat you. Your father always had a pocket knife on him. He was robbed and beaten once and it gave him some sort or trauma or something so he carried one. He used that to get it to let you go. It was about to be dawn and he fought that thing tooth and nail to save you. His only knowledge to defeat it was the sun so he clung to the demon as the sun rose and it died. He collapsed of blood loss and exhaustion. The adrenaline was going away and death was a certain outcome. You cried and cried and cried as your father died. But thanks to that they found you a man was visiting the house and heard your cries. To my knowledge he had a red tengu mask. He didn't know what to do with you but he brought you to his house and took care of you as they buried your father close to the bamboo forest. When your uncle went through to see if you were there he met a young man with black hair and purple eyes his hair was pinned in the back. He seemed important cus they instantly drew their swords. He explained why he was there and noticed the tengu man holding you close to protect you. He told them you were his uncle and about the portal thing blah blah and that if they had seen your father. They said he died and they buried him in the bamboo forest. He said they were lying but the important man took out his pocket knife and gave it to him. Your uncle left with you and no one went back. Until you decided to try your luck and fell through." He explained quietly.

"Oh my god..." He felt like he wanted to vomit. It was his fault no wonder no one was surprised that he could time travel. It has been done hundreds of times in every generation. But no one could figure out why.

"Yeah so I'm bring flowers to your dad's grave. Next time you go it should be in uh like bamboo forest I think to the side of the house estate thingie. Tell him I love him and that I would go see him but my back is killing me and my knees hurt ass." Grandpa said, groaning in pain as he laid back in his chair.

"Okay grandpa I'm... I'm going to go out okay? Tell mom I'll be back in an hour, maybe I don't know." He muttered walking to the door grabbing his wallet.

As (Y/n) walked out he felt tears in his eyes. He walked around the city aimlessly just thinking. He stopped in front of a flower shop and bought some.

(First person pov.)

"For your girlfriend?" A young woman around my age asked, smiling. I shook my head.

"For my dad..." I tried to smile and laugh but it didn't come out right.

"That's weird?" He gave a confused look.

"What's even weirder is I just found out how he died!" I slammed the money on the counter and left her stunned. She tried to tell me to wait but I just kept walking. I didn't care about the change. I just kept walking to the bakery feeling like shit but wanted to get the masters kids something like I promised.

I walked in and an older man was eating his desserts left over from the day.

"Oh shit um how can I help you?" He said with cake stuffed in his mouth.

"Yea can I get about like 7 cupcakes. But like the big ass ones..." he stopped when he spotted a strawberry cake and a choco flan. "Get me that cake and that flan too please." He pointed to them thinking about Mitsuri and Iguro. It kinda made him smile.