[Chapter 17 The boy and his demon sister]

A few months had passed and the sun was out shining bright and (Y/n) was training outside. He was sweating and hot from being outside for so long. Mitsuri and Iguro both had something to do and (Y/n) was left alone. He felt lonely... He missed having Iguro scold him for not moving his blade fast enough and he missed Mitsuri walking outside with cakes of drinks she prepared for them. As (Y/n) was wallowing in his self pity a sudden a letter came via crow. It was Urara Mitsuri's crow. (Y/n) smiled and held a hand up to catch the crow.

"Hello Urara! A letter from Mitsuri, am I Right?" (Y/n) smiled at Urara who was perched on his arm.

"Letter letter! Hashira Mitsuri has a letter for you!" Urara cawed, repeating what I had just said. The crow landed in my hand as another one came out of the trees towards (Y/n) and Urara.

"Caw Caw Letter from Hashira Iguro!" The crow said as he flew into (Y/n)'s face, making him fall onto the ground.

"The hell-!" (Y/n) shouted as he pulled the crow off his face. "I got two letters damn... I think I'll read Mitsuri's letter first." (Y/n) said smiling as he opened the letter. The letter had hearts and other small drawings on it. It was a kind letter, simple yet sweet. Her handwriting was nice, she used a lot of hearts. (Y/n) read it out loud.

"Dearest (Y/n),♡

ꕤ ♡Are you okay! It's been a few weeks since we left you on your own since we were called up on missions! Sorry I haven't sent more letters.❁ I promise I have 5 more being written at this moment! ❀❀ ♡❁

♡❀❀

I hope your training is going well. ✦ Remember to bend that leg like I've told you to. You always forget when practicing the 5th form! ♡ ♡❀❁

I miss you so much! I love spending time with you and Iguro! Oh and speaking of him he sent me a message. It was short and nice saying he'll be gone for a while longer but he told me he'd send you a letter so that's that!

Anyways I need to finish up here and do my other mission in a town near the city! Wish me lots of luck!♡

XOXOXOXO Mitsuri Kanroji!♡"

(Y/n) smiled and had a pleasant look on his face with bright blush and flowers around his head with the letter in his hands.

"She's so cute..." (Y/n) said out loud but then turned bright red and shook his head but then remembered the crows. He side eyed them both as they cawed and giggled at him.

"Listen you two. I have a nice pile of pecans in the house. They are yours but only if you promise not to tell them what you hear. Got it?" (Y/n) said as the crows jumped up and down cawing.

He smiled then turned to Iguro's crow as the letter seemed to ooze a dark aura. (Y/n) gently took the letter and opened it. His Letter was surprising to say the least. The handwriting was wonderful. (Y/n) smiled as he read it out loud.

"Dear (Y/n),

I haven't seen you or Mitsuri in a long while. I wish to finish these missions to come back safely to the two of you.

Upon my return we will review your training and improve for a final time. We must weed out what needs to be fixed for the final selection. It will happen soon and you must be ready.

After we all have reunited maybe we can all go out and eat somewhere. I don't know.

I am almost done with my missions and will come back soon. See you then. And maybe we'll see my Koi pond.