Chapter 12:

Louis POV:
I parked my car and fixed my hair in the review mirror. I grabbed the flowers that I bought from the store a few minutes ago and get out.

I make sure my collar is straight and open the door to the restaurant.

"Oh my gosh! Louis, why are you wearing that?!" laughs Ginger, "Oh, wait. You have a date with someone don't you?"

After saying this, she seems a little sad. She wasn't as perky as before.

"Well that's what I'm hoping" I say and look down at my feet.

She chuckles, "Well, I doubt you'd find anyone decent here" she says, "But if you want I can seat you at a table."

"No, that won't be necessary. And is there really not that decent people here?" I ask.

"Not at all" she says shaking her head.

"What about you?"

"Me? I work here" she laughs.

"Yeah. I um, I came here for-"

"Louis!" someone calls my name.

I turn around, "Ashley?!"

"Louis it's really you!" she exclaims.

Ashley and I have been best friends for the longest time ever. But in high school, we went to different schools and lost contact. To say I never liked her would be a lie.

"It's me!" I smile and she runs into my arms.

"Well there's someone decent" I hear Ginger mumble more to herself but loud enough so I could hear. She did that on purpose.

"Table for two?"

I turn around and begin to decline but Ashley cuts me off, "Yes! Louis we have so much to catch up on" she smiles and slides her hand into mine.

Ginger sees.

"This way" she says.

We follow Ginger and sit at a table together, "Enjoy" she says rudely.

"Wow, what a bitch" mumble Ashley once Ginger leaves.

"Excuse me?" asks Ginger, hearing the comment. She walks back to the table, "What did you call me?"

Ashley looks over at me for help. I want to help her but I don't want Ginger to get mad at me.

"Um, Louis..." Ashley mutters begging for help.

"She didn't say anything" I give in.

"Louis, I thought you were different. Not a douche bag like you've become" Ginger says and storms off.

"Ginger" I say but she ignores me and walks away. I sigh.

"Ha, Ginger... What kind of name is that?" Ashley laughs.

I glare at her, "It's the name of a beautiful girl who works at my uncle's restaurant at minimum wage. And she isn't a bitch, she is my friend. If anyone is a bitch, it's you" I say.

"Louis... We just saw each other after a few years and you're calling me the bitch?"

"Yea. You used to be sweet and kind and I thought that I liked you. If I knew you'd turn into what you are today, I wouldn't have been your friend... Excuse me but I would like to go ask someone out like I was supposed to before you showed up"

I get up and walk to the front where Ginger is, "Ginger, I'm so sorry."

"Save it" she says and pulls my face to hers, "I heard what you said to that girl," she smiles, "Thank you."

I lean in and kiss her before she got to make the move. As I slowly pull away, I wait for a reaction from her.

She smiles and bites her lip, "I'm not allowed to kiss cute boys on the job" she smirks.

I grin, "Don't worry, I'm not all that cute" I say and make a crazy face.

She laughs, "That's not cute at all."

I laugh to, "These are for you... I want you to be my girlfriend" I smile and hand her the flowers.

She smiles and takes the flowers, "They are beautiful."

"Perfect, so they are just like you" I smile.

She giggles, "Louis, I'd love to be your girlfriend" she smiles and leans up to kiss me.

I kiss her and then she pulls away as the door opens.

"Hi! How many?" she asks and steps behind the podium. She takes them to their table and comes back.

"When do you get off?"

"In two hours" she says, "Why?"

"You know where I live right?"

"Yeah, of course it's the house everyone dreams of living in" she laughs.

"Well good, meet me there after your done working, ok babe?" I ask and she smiles and nods, "See you then"

I lean down, peck her lips then walk out. Yes