Chapter 1 [Where are we?]

The sun's rays shone brightly through Eternal's eyelids. Yet, something did feel right, she wasn't lying on her bed, she was on the grass. Outside, where she hated it.

"Hnnngh," She yawned as she opened her eyes, looked around, and felt a wave of panic drape over her. She was in fact laying in the outdoors, but she has no memories of going to sleep outside. Where is this place? In fact this grass they were laying on seemed to go for miles on end. She was in the middle of a plain. In her hometown there were no plains anywhere. She quickly sat up, "The fhh-'' she was cut off as she saw a strange person laying down next to her, staring right back.

Her face scrunched up in confusion. Is this a dream? Or some strange twist of reality.

"Who..Who are you?" The girl asked, equally confused. Looking Eternal up and down. Eternal in response lent a hand down lifting her up, they were both standing together, alone, in a presumed alternate reality.

"Hey, do you know anything about this place?" Eternal chucked a question at her.

"Look I know equally as much as you do..." The girl said under her breath.

"Eternal, my name is Eternal." Eternal introduced herself waiting for an introduction back.

"Rin-ji but just call me Rin." Rin said quipply.

"Alright Rin-jin" Eternal laughed boisterously at her own joke, the girl in return just blinked a couple of times, not amused.

"I don't really know anything about dimension hopping from my reality, yet you seem familiar. The one who knows anything about dimension hopping is Serene." Eternal said seriously despite making a joke. "But, Serene is always the one hopping different realities, I don't know how this happened." Eternal mumbled to herself.

"Serene, I don't recall that name," Rin said casually. Eternal turned to look at Rin.

"Hmm, whatever." Eternal shrugged. "We gotta find a way to contact Serene, he'll find us a way outta here."

"Who is Serene to you?" Rin asked as she stared at Eternal.

"A friend" She replied back simply with a cheeky smile.

Rin looked around and then back at Eternal, "I see.."

They both decided to follow a dirt path that led upward. The trek was silent, they exchanged glances every once and a while. They were dead silent until a man ahead spotted them,

"Hey! What are you doing here?" He yelled out. Frightened, Rin flinched and Eternal shouted back,

"Which way is the nearest city?"

Yes, it might be risky considering that all dimensions have their own way of calling their towns or cities.

"Huh, Mondstat is just up this hill and I'm pretty sure you can see it from the top of this hill."

Eternal let out a sigh of relief and started on her way up the hill, passing the guard. When they reached the top, a beautiful city could be seen in the distance, with giant windmills and a huge stone statue. The lights contouring the houses and buildings.

Bonus:

Art made by Eternal, credits to her <3