Chapter 10 [Music & Books]

Rin approached the statue, after too many stairs. It seemed that there was a concert? Music festival? No. It was Venti playing a lyre. Rin approached and joined the crowd, enjoying the music. Soon after the song was over, Rin waited for the crowd to disperse, then approached Venti.

"Oh! Hey, I feel like I know you" The bard. Rin nodded thinking back to it. He let out a cute smile and giggled.

"Do you remember last night?" The bard shook his head. Rin let out a small 'o'.

"What happened?" Venti asked innocently. Rin stumbled over her words, trying to form a sentence.

"Uhm, w-well..." Rin trailed off and looked at the floor. It would sound weird to say that you hugged me. Rin exhaled, "Well, you were drunk" The bard nodded. "And you kind of- hugged me for 20 seconds straight." Rin sped up the last bit, embarrassed. Venti stood there in an awkward stance and brought his hand to his chin and seconds later let out a giggle.

"Well, I hope I didn't make you too uncomfortable!" Venti smiled and scratched the back of his head. Rin blushed, AuGHH why is so adorable! Rin let out an awkward smile before stepping forward to hug him. It was a quick hug, yet it still had Rin blushing at the end.

They stood there for a couple of seconds until Rin finally decided to break the awkward silence they were sharing. "So I... uh.. YOU SMELL GREAT." Rin said, then laughed nervously, realizing what she just said. "Wait- that's- not what I- I'm sorry, I say weird stuff- when I'm nervous," She said, with a quivering voice. She was dead inside.

She doesn't usually stutter when she's nervous she would usually not say anything at all or say weird, stupid chez. And that's what she did. "Oh dear lord," she thought over and over again. I think he hates me.

"Ehe...thank you?" He giggled softly, not really knowing what to say after that awkward moment. Rin turned away and sighed, her eyes half-closed seething until the bard's voice sliced through her thoughts.

"Well, I'd better get going now, I'll see you around!" He stuck his tongue out and left. Rin stood there, happy but mortified. Ugh...

Kaeya and Eternal were walking down the hallways of the Knights of Favonius Headquarters.

"So, here is my office, I don't really use it much." Kaeya continued the tour.

As they visited more rooms they encountered a woman dressed in purple with a w e i r d, hat. The woman then called out to Kaeya.

"Who is she?" Eternal questions.

"She's Lisa, the librarian here at the headquarters," He replied back.

"I see," Eternal said, as they both walked to Lisa.

"Well, hello there, cutie~" Lisa said looking at Eternal.

"Ah, cutie?" Eternal sweat dropped.

Kaeya frowned at Lisa, for a couple of seconds until pulling off a smile. "Lisa, this is Eternal, a comrade of mine :)"

"Oh my oh my," Lisa grinned, "A possible intr-" Kaeya cut her off by sending a threatening gaze over in her direction. Lisa giggled. She watched as Eternal started to look around and read books regarding the history of Mondstat. Kaeya approached Eternal and snatched the book from her hands,

"Come on, let's go." he snapped, offset by Lisa's comment.

"Hey- I was reading that–" Eternal mumbled, trying to grab the book back.

Kaeya, being taller than her chuckled slightly as he saw how Eternal struggled to grab it out of his grasp.

"H-hey!" Eternal said getting a bit annoyed at his actions.

Lisa stood there giggling at their antics, "Well, Kaeya, Jean wants to see you, and bring the cutie too~" She cooed.

Kaeya clicked his tongue and then put the book down on a table. "Let's get a move on, I suppose," he said as all of them headed to see the Grand Master.