Iggy (maximum ride)

This is a request for mrsrevansutcliff. Enjoy!  :)

I was sitting in the grassy yard outside my house. The light breeze slightly ruffled the feathers on my wings. I watched as the clouds rolled by, each a different shape. The rest of he flock were in the yard with me. Each doing their own things together. Max and Fang were talking about who knows what. Nudge was sat on the ground with Angel, braiding her hair . Gazzy was making another bomb while talking to the two girls. Almost everyone was outside except Iggy, my boyfriend. He said he didn't want to go outside and stayed indoors. At first I thought it was nothing and he'll join us later on but that thought was an hour ago.

I looked at the clouds one more time before standing up and making my way to the house. I was about to open the door, but a smallish hand stopped me. It was Gazzy, who appeared to have a huge smile on his face. I smiled in return and turned toward the young blond haired boy. I bent to his level with a curious look on my face.

"What's up Gaz. Do you need something before I go cheek on Iggy?" I saw his face twist into a nervous expression. I wonder what he is hiding. He cleared his throat to stop his nerves from taking over.

"I was wondering if you wanted to help me with a project I am working on"

"You mean the bomb? Sure let me just go check on Ig-"

"NO!" I gave him a raised eyebrow. He coughed from his outburst and said "I mean no because Nudge wants you to braid her hair."

"I thought you said you wanted me to help y-"

"Does it really matter what I said, just come on" and with that he dragged me toward the waving Angel and the braiding Nudge.  I wonder what those two are up to. I shrugged and began to do my friend's hair.

Iggy pov

I smile when I realized I was finished with the meal. Today is the mark of three months since __ and I have started dating. I am a little nervous about how my surprise will go. What is I walk into something? What if messed up the date all together? I shook my head of the questions. ___ will love it,  I just know it. I straightened the outfit Fang picked out for me. He said it was a white button up with a pair of jeans. He said that the ladies like the look or something, eh whatever. I walked outside and heard Gazzy's voice come form the left. I waved my hand in that direction. He said he would keep an eye out for the door while I prepared everything. I heard rushed footsteps and ___'s protest about being pulled around.

"Here you go" and with that I felt someone being pushed into me. Arms wrapped around my neck, and the smell of lavender filled my nose. I instantly knew who was in my arms. I took a deep breath and tightened my grip on her. I heard the Flock's wings start to glide away leaving the two of us alone with the house (don't you readers think anything dirty).

"H-Hey Iggy, I was going to check on you earlier but..."

"It's fine, in fact, I wanted to show you something" I took her hand and led her into the house. We held hands as was walked into the area of the house where everything was set up. She let out a gasp of surprise at the sight in front her. ___ looked around while I just stood there waiting for a response.

"You remembered." I smiled and walked toward her. I found her hand and got down on one knee. I brought her hand to my mouth for a soft kiss.

"Of course I remembered the day that one of the happiest things happened to me. I wanted to show you how I feel for you. The past few years, even at the 'school', I've always had feelings for you. I remember your (h/c) hair and the way you used to smile despite the situation. Your smile alone gave me hope that someday we will get out of there to live a better life." I whispered against her hand. I felt something wet brush my cheek, and I can only imagine the tears coming down her face. I reached up to wipe the tears away. My hand traced down to cheek and I can feel the smile etch onto her face. I took that as a sign to continue.

"After I lost my sight you were there with me through it all. The funny thing about being blind is you no longer focus on outer appearances. I see them for who they really are. You, ____, are  sweet, smart, caring and so much more. I don't know how my life would have been without you on it. What I am trying to say is, I love you."

your pov

I finally heard those three words I have been waiting for the whole time. The words I was at first to shy to speak but now I can say it. I pulled him up to his feet and took him into a big hug. He was surprised at first but slowly did the same.

"I love you too Iggy" I said with closed eyes. I felt him softly grip my chin and soon lips were on my own. Today is the best day ever.