Eric(K-project)

I want to say first off that I apologize for the lateness of this one shot. I didn't intend for it to be late but a I had trouble for some reason with this dude. Everything else I thought of was crap,but this is legit. Please enjoy this work if you can.

Warning: might be a bit OOC.

"Yo Eric" I yelled out while waving. He stopped and gave me a slight wave. I ran up to him and wrapped my arm around his shoulder. "Are you ready for today? It's all my treat!"

Some may be asking ,why is it my treat? It all started on the night of March 19th. That night I was in bed ready to go to sleep. I was about to doze off when I heard my phone ring. Tiredly, I lazily picked it up with closed eyes and a yawn.
"Hello..."

"___, it's Eric "

"Hey what's up? Why are you calling so late?"

"U-um well I'm at the bar ,and I thought you said you'd meet me here later. " He told me and my eyes widened. Sh*t.

" Omg I am so sorry. I totally forgot! Let me just-"

"It's fine. I'm leaving now"

"I've got you tomorrow though I promise!"

"You don't need to-"

"It's fine. In Fact,it my treat. "

"If you say so"

That was the day I forgot my best friend's birthday. Yep, I left him at the bar all by himself, having him wait for an hour and thirty minutes. That was the moment ,I felt like a complete idiot.

                                 ...

The door to the bar let out a little ringing noise as Eric opened the door for us. I walked through the door and saw Izumo glance up from his spot behind the counter and smile at us.

"Well if it isn't little ____. It seems like  you decided to show up this time. Poor Eric, he was so pathetic looking I felt like throwing him a bone. " Eric mused as he walked around the counter and wrapped his arm around me. " Either way, I would wait as long as it takes to see you another day,my lady. " and with that I felt him place a kiss on my cheek. I felt a blush rise to my face. I glanced at  Eric and saw a frown on his face.

"Izumo.." Eric said and the man in the glasses let me go. I thought I saw him wink behind his shades before he returned to the counter. Jeez this guy is something.

"What can I get for you young people. " Izumo asked as we sat on the bar stool.

Eric looked my way and I gave him a shrug. "It's your choice birthday boy. I'm just here to pick up the bill" 

"U-um then I'll order two glasses of Palm Beach Cocktail. "

"Oh already ordering a second glass?" I smirked as I watched Izumo fix the drinks"

"Who said the other glass was for me" he gave me a slightly nervous smile as the glasses slid in our direction.

"W-wait a minute. I never said anything about ordering for me" I told him.

"W-well you're buying me a drink,who said I can't buy you one" he gave me another one of his nervous smiles and motion for me to take a sip of my drink. I gave him a raised eyebrow and tentatively took a sip. He's acting strange.

"Is there anything else you want?" Izumo asked and Eric shook his head. Izumo gave him a raised brow and smirked, walking out of the room for some reason.

I turned toward the blond and rested my head on my hand. "So what do you want to do after this. Anything you want. "
"I don't k-know. How about you"

"Eric it's your birthday so you can have anything you want,well almost"

"T-that's not what I ment"he mumbled out and he let out a sigh. "___,w-what do you think of me"

I was a bit surprised by his question,but I smiled none the less. "Your my best friend of course "

His face looked like it flattered at me answer for a second ,but why?All I did was tell the truth. I took another sip as I continued watching his expressions.

" What if I told you that I had feelings for you"

I felt my brows scrunch in confusion. "Where is this coming from"

"Just answer me"

I let out a sigh and turned toward the entrance. " I would have to turn you down. I don't have those kind of feeling for you. "  I waited for him to say something back but it was just quiet. I looked  at him and saw his face looked a bit disappointed . "Is something wrong?"

"What if some how your feelings changed ? W-would you reconsider" he said nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck.
"Yes I would but what does this have to do with anything "My eyes widened in sudden realization " Eric, do you like m-" the end of my words were cut off when I felt a shy pair of lips lock with mine. The move slowly,almost hesitantly , as I stood motionless in place. Should I close my eyes or should I pull away? Instead,I did nothing and I think that is the worst thing I could have done. I looked toward his own eyes,behind his hair, and saw the look of rejection reflected in them. I felt my heart ache for him. The person he liked didn't feel the same way. He pulled away from me and stood from his seat and started walking toward the door.

"Eric wait!" I rushed toward the door and took hold of his hand. "I'm sorry "

"It's not your fault. I forced myself on you. " he shook his head with a strained laugh" this has to be the dumbest thing I've ever done. Talk about worst birthday ever"

"Eric..." I started to say something but no words came out. What was I supposed to say? I felt him slide out of my grip and showed a rueful smile.

"Let me just leave. It would become more awkward if I stayed" He looked so defeated so broken. I don't like seeing such sad expressions on anyone, especially Eric.

"Eric wait! Are you really going to give up that easily? If you really love someone you need to try as hard as you can. The fight isn't over until you completely lost,right?"

He stopped in his tracks and let out a sigh "So are you saying that I need to make you fall for me despite you rejecting me" he questioned as he glanced over his shoulder at me.

I gave him a court nod a walked up to place a hand on his shoulder. "Exactly, you never give up until you know that person is completely out of your reach"

"So are you saying you want to fall for me or something?" He said with a grin.

I felt a blush rise to my face and quickly shook my head. "No! I just don't like seeing people hopeless. "

"I get it. Well, starting today, I guess I need to make you fall for me" he said then grabbed my hand and pulled me toward him. Gently,with the same nervousness from before, he placed a kiss on my right cheek.