Makoto (Free)

Firefighter! Husband! Makoto x Wife! Reader. Hope you like it. Warning: pov gets switched around a lot.

I hummed happily as I washed the greens off in the sink so we can have salad for dinner. I had a dumb grin on my face and was swaying side to side. I was told great news and was practically jumping for joy in the kitchen. I can't wait for Makoto to come home so I can tell home the good news. I put the salad in a bowl and slid it into the fridge so it can stay cool.
I sat on the couch and let out a happy sigh. Today is going to be awesome I thought to myself before laying down on the couch. I put my phone on a timer so the chicken won't burn and closed my eyes. A little shut eye won't hurt. I slowly began to let go of the last of my thought before I went to sleep.

Makoto pov
Ring Ring Ring
My ears perked up at the sound of the alarm blaring throughout the fire house. I was just about to go home seeing my shift was over, but the noise stopped me. I looked at the rest of the crew and saw the were already putting on their gear. I shrugged on my pack and was about to walk out the door but one of my co-workers stopped me. I looked behind me to see Subaru with an upset look on his face. I began to worry a little and gave him my full attention.
"Is there something wrong?"
"You need to come with us. T-the Fire is at your apartment." He said with a panicked look on his face. My eye widened and I instantly thought of ___ all alone at home. I ran to the fire truck that was in motion and jumped onto the back. I quickly put on my gear and an air mask. I watched our route as we sped down the streets.

'Please let him have been wrong. It might be selfish but please don't make this next turn. Let him be wrong' I thought to myself as a turn showed up ahead. The next thing I knew we were turning left. '___ please be okay. Wait till I get there I'm coming.'

Normal pov
I yawned as I opened my eyes at the sound of the alarm clock on my phone. It made that annoying ding sound that just forced you to get up. As soon as I sat up, I began to cough and my vision was fuzzy. The room seemed darker and I was hard to breath. That's when the thought hit me, it's a fire in the building. I quickly stood up and ran toward the door. I tried to open the door but something was blocking it from the outside. I pushed and shoved but the door wouldn't open. The ceiling was caving in and quickly and debris was falling from above. I quickly tried to run for the window but a ceiling beam was falling.
I tried to get out the way but the large piece of wood fell on my right ankle. I screened in pain and tried to wiggle out but it was too heavy. I began to pant as I tried to take in more breath and my lungs started to burn. I was about to pass out but the last thing I saw was the silhouette of a person running toward me before I passed out.

3rd person
The fire truck stopped and Makoto jumped out of the vehicle. He searched the crowd of people who lived in the building and couldn't find ___ anywhere. He spotted the owner of the building and rushed toward her. She held a clip board in her hand that had the names of everyone who lived there surely ___ will be marker as okay and I just missed her. "Is __ okay" he shouted as he stared at her with both hope and desperation.  The old women held her head low and shook her head.

" I-I am sorry but she is the only one still in there. " she cried out.

Makoto felt like his heart was breaking.  ' no no no no' he thought as he rushed into the flaming building. He only heard his team cry out once before the roar of the flames engulfed his hearing. He maneuvered his was to the stairs and saw that they were falling apart. He skipped steps and almost fell in a few times before reaching the second floor, were you were at. He counted doors, searching for the one he has been through everyday, before stopping at one in particular.

It was blocked by a beam from the ceiling so he couldn't get through easily. He hurriedly took the ax he had strapped to himself before chopping away the wood. His swings became faster when he heard the sound of __'s pained scream come from the inside. Finally, he was able to get through the door.
"____! Where are you"  he cried out. He heard the sound of a cough and rushed toward that noise. There, he saw ___ trapped under the beam with her wheezing. He took her into his arms and took off the oxygen mask and placed it on ___ and rushed out of the building.  ___ passed out in his arms.

*hospital- normal pov*

I opened my eyes and a bright light hit me, making me go blind for a couple of seconds. I blinked a couple of times before regaining my vision. I was hooked up to an oxygen mask and was on a bed with white sheets. I looked to my side to see Makoto sitting in a chair with his head in his hands. He kept on ruffling his hair in frustration and I thought I heard the sound of a sniffle. Makoto....

I sat up and took off the mask. I tried to move my leg but had a pain in my ankle and let out a small gasp. Makoto snapped his head up and saw me with my eyes open. In the blink of an eye, I was in a tight, but gentle, hug. I sighed in content and returned the hug. I felt a few tears hit my shoulder and I began to pet his hair.
" It's okay I'm okay" I told him but he just buried his face further in my shoulder.
" I thought you were going to die " he whispered through shaky breaths.
" come on you know it'll take a lot more to get rid of of me that easily" I joked, hoping it will cheer him up a bit. I heard him give a faint chuckle and felt him nod his head. He removed himself from my shoulder and sat down on the edge of my bed.

" I am just glad your safe" he said then took my hand his his. "I love you ___"
" love you too Makoto"

-extra-
" wow you are so cool Makoto" Nagisa said as he sat in a chair inside my hospital room. Nagisa decided to visit me while I'm bed written. The rest of the group went home already he decided to stay.
"Can you stop Nagisa. You're embarrassing me" Makoto said as he scratched the back of his head. A tiny blushed on the tip of his ears.
I hugged his arm to my chest and smiled at the group. " yep he's my hero" I said then kissed his cheek. His whole face turned red.
"I have a question how did the fire even start" Nagisa asked with a tilt of his head.
"We found out the person above us fell asleep after he smoked and didn't put it out properly" Makoto told him as he put his arm over my shoulder. I let out a sigh of relief in my head. At first I thought it was me.
We heard a knock on the door and the doctor walked in. He held a clip board in his hand with a smile on his face. "Everything seems to be okay. You are both fine"
"Wait what do you mean by 'you are both okay' I didn't get checked. " Makoto asked confused. The doctor let out a small laugh.

"__ is pregnant " he said. Makoto's eyes widened and looked at me to see if it was true.
"Oh yeah I knew I was forgetting to tell you something. Surprise !" I said as I did some jazz hands.

"Yay I'm going to be an uncle!" Nagisa said as he fist pumped the air. Makoto swayed back and forth on the bed before passing out from shock.

"Makoto!"