Syo / Ai (utapri)

Request from an-otaku-and-a-book. Enjoy!

I sat at the piano with a pencil behind my ear. My fingers glided across the piano for the search for my next song for Quartet Night. I was the new composer for the group ,and they excepted me with open arms, well mostly Reiji-sempia. The others warmed up to me after a while though. I heard a knock on the door. I looked behind me to see Ai walking toward me. I smiled at him and motioned him to sit next to me.

"So you're working on our next song " Ai said with his head tilted to the side. I nodded my head

" I've been trying this thing Nanami told me about. To take your personalities and make it into the perfect song. She gave me some tips and I want to try it out. " I saw the cute blue haired male tilt his head to the side as if he was thinking. It was quiet for a few seconds.

"(Y/n) what is love"I blushed at the sudden question. I rubbed the back of my neck and began to stutter. Where did this question come from?

Syo was walking toward the practice room, wanting to see (y/ n). He had finally built the nerve to ask you to hang out. He has been wanting to ask you to hang out. Just you and him no one else. He knew he couldn't try anything major because of the no love rule but he just wanted to be close to you.He was about to invite you out to lunch so you can get get a break. He had a hand reached out, about to open the door, but heard another voice in the room.

"(Y/n) what is love" his eyes widened when recognized the voice and by the sudden question. He leaned closer interested for an answer. He heard you stutter a few times. He imagined you awkwardly scratching you neck while looking at the ground. He blushed at the idea of you doing so. He became a bit curious and opened the door just a crack. He saw you and Ai sitting around the piano.

'I wonder what those two are doing' he thought and decided to listen to the conversation. He felt anger bubble up when he saw the two so close to one another.

"Well I'm not very sure myself. I guess it's when your heart starts racing and you feel self conscious whenever that person is around. You blush for no reason and you think about them all the time" I explained the best I could.

"I see...do you love anyone (y/n)?" When he asked that I instantly blushed at the thought. I can't tell him or it'll be too embarrassing. I shook my head a couple of times before letting out a nervous laugh brushing off his question.

"What about you Ai. Now that you know what love is do you know if you love someone" he nodded his head and shifted a bit closer to me. He leaned closer to my face and looked at me with those dull eyes. I blushed at the sudden closeness and him looking me in the eyes.

"(Y/n) I think I- "

"HEY (Y/ N), DO YOU WANNA GO OUT TO LUNCH WITH ME" I looked and saw Syo standing by the door with his eyes closed for some reason. He looked kind of anxious and nervous for some reason. I looked toward Ai and saw him look the other way.

"Sure I would like to go but Ai was about to tell me something"

"Never mind, you can go"

"Okay see you later" I have him a hug. I felt him stiffen but soon returned it. I was a bit surprised that he hugged back. I let go and smiled and began to walked out the door. What I didn't know was that the two boys were starting each other off.