Chapter 15

Level 117: Bus Stop

Karl and Sapnap had finally been allowed to go onto expeditions after three weeks of recovering. Not that Sapnap or Karl needed three weeks but it was Ant's order. They were both relatively fine after one. Karl, Sapnap, Ant, Quackity, and Sam seemed to have become the main expedition group but occasionally another person got to tag along. This time Callahan and Foolish were the ones joining them. Currently they found themself at a level that consisted of a bus stop with lights and two slightly vandalized benches.

Karl ran a hand across one of the benches, looking at the various phallic doodles. Sapnap stood protectively next to the brunet, axe in hand and half-blind gaze flicking around. "Does anyone know what this level is?" Karl asked, looking up to the mostly confused men around him. Callahan was the only one to seem to know what level this is. Soon they began typing.

"I think this is Level 117... maybe Level 681? Look for an apple tree, if there isn't one then Level 117 it is! If it is 681 then we got here during a possible night cycle. I don't know much about the level but the wiki doesn't say whether 681 has a day and night cycle."

Callahan's text to speech spoke out and they nodded. "Wait, you can check wikis? Foolish gasped. Callahan nodded. "I didn't even know there were wikis! Does that mean people have documented levels, and gotten out?!" Foolish seemed surprised. It was understandable why they were surprised, but still worth noting, Karl reasoned.

"You didn't? I thought anyone in the Backrooms with a phone knew! Damn guess you failed that lol"

Callahan was being sassy, per usual. "Not everyone knows there's wikis Callahan." Foolish sighed, gritting their sharp teeth. Callahan just shrugged and sat down, beginning to type again.

"Not my fault. Get better at the backrooms. Anyways I'm going to check the wiki to make sure."

Callahan switched from their TTS program and to a wiki, searching for Level 681, reading through for about a minute before searching up Level 117. They read through before nodding and switching back to their TTS program.

"This is Level 117. I recommend we wait here and get on an extremely long bus. It should take us to Level 69 but that bus can take anywhere from two hours to two days. We really don't want to be in Level 9 so avoid a normal bus! That's asking to die. Also Facelings have a chance to be seen but it seems that they aren't hostile here. We should be careful just in case though."

Sam nodded to Callahan. "It's decided then. We wait for this 'extremely long bus' and board it to Level 69. Avoid a normal bus. We should get comfortable guys, this is going to take a while." Sam sighed sitting down, machete and trident armed at the ready. Sapnap sat down and pulled Karl with him.

Quackity sat and held up a deck of playing cards, "Anyone up for a game to pass the time?" He asked looking around and when no one responded, he shrugged and just played solitaire. Ant pulled out his phone and dialled a number, walking away from the bus stop a little bit, keeping an eye on his surroundings. "Please please pick up... I need to talk to you... hear your voice... even if it's just one more time... Please Backrooms be nice to me..." Ant muttered to himself before going silent. After a moment, it looked like he was about to cry, but not from sadness. "Red? Oh my god! Red!" He cried out, joy lacing his voice. "Please! I'm okay! I'm alive! I didn't... what? Red hold on! Calm down, you aren't making sense." Ant's joy was quickly replaced with confusion and he looked at the group for a brief moment. "What do you mean by that?" Ant asked quickly, looking like he was about to pass out as who was presumably Red, kept talking. "I don't understand Red." and suddenly, the call got disconnected. Ant seemed dazed and lost. What happened in that call?

Karl and Callahan looked at each other, they'd both heard the call but no one else seems to have heard it. Ant walked back to the group, phone in hand and grabbed the power back that Dream had given him. "Karl, do you still have your charging cable?" Ant looked at Karl with pleading eyes. At that moment, Karl realized what must have disconnected Ant and Red's call. "Yeah... I do." Karl pulled it out of his backpack. He'd found the backpack in a previous level and decided to keep it so he could bring more things with him. Karl handed his charging cable to the brunet and watched as he plugged the small device in.

Quackity muttered a curse word under his breath and stared at his cards. He'd lost his game of solitaire somehow. Karl tapped his shoulder and spoke. "Would you like to play war?". Quackity nodded and picked up the remains of his lost game and shuffled the deck, splitting it equally into two piles, handing one of the piles to Karl. The two males began the game quickly, flipping card after card until they were out, then grabbing their resulting piles and beginning again.