Chapter 33

The Hub

Dream had argued with L'manburg a few times that week, calling what they were doing 'stupid' or 'a cause for concern' and even going so far as to drag George, Sapnap, and Punz into the arguments. Wilbur didn't care and just let Dream throw this tantrum.

Wilbur watched as Tommy and Tubbo came back with medical supplies they'd gotten from Bad and Ant, who seemed to want no part of the petty bickering. "Good work boys!" Eret commented as they set up L'manburg's make-shift medic station.

"But who will be the medic of L'manburg?" Fundy asked, bringing up a question no one else had thought of. "I could be." Eret offered. "You'd make a great medic Eret!" Tubbo said, smiling.

"Thank you Tubbo!" She nodded, smiling as well. "Last week you told us that you had an appointment with Ant so he could check an injury of yours out." Tommy mentioned, dragging everyone's attention away. "Oh uh... Yeah! He did. I was let off with a clean bill."

"Pog." Tommy nodded, sitting on a stack of books. "Are those books comfortable Tommy?" Fundy huffed, looking up from one. "Comfortable enough. I like the book bench." Tommy responded before turning his attention to Wilbur, "Where did we even get all of these fucking books Wilbur?". "Only Cipher knows." Wilbur chuckled.

Dream walked over, George, Sapnap, and Punz trailing after, machetes drawn. "So, you guys really are serious about this death sentence? Pathetic." Venom filled Dream's voice. "Shut up you green bastard!" Tommy shouted. "Tommy, relax." Wilbur looked at the blond teen, who very quickly shut up, surprisingly. "Dream, no matter what you say about L'manburg, we aren't going to listen." Wilbur huffed. "You all are going to get yourselves killed. Do you hear me? Killed!" Dream shouted, gripping his machete tightly, so much that his scarred knuckles began turning white.

"Bite me." Tommy muttered under his breath. "This is stupid! You guys will die!" Dream seethed through gritted teeth before storming away.

"We should solidify our separation from Dream's group. So that he knows that we are no longer his." Tubbo suggested, still building up the book wall. "A declaration of independence?" Tommy asked, standing up briefly to pull some books out from under him and handing them to Tubbo. Tubbo grabbed them with a grateful nod. "That would actually work." Wilbur hummed. "Fundy, hand me a notebook and a pen!" Wilbur declared.

Fundy tossed a notebook over while Tommy grabbed a pen, sliding it towards the brunet. "Thank you.". Fundy got up and walked away, seeming to not want to be a full part of this situation or for some other reason. Wilbur didn't know. Fundy worked in weird ways, Wilbur reasoned. Wilbur clicked the pen and wrote 'Declaration of Independance' on the cover. No one seemed to notice that 'independence' was spelt wrong. On the first page, Wilbur began.

Wilbur handed the book and pen over to Tubbo, "Sign your name.". Tubbo signed and handed the book and pen to Tommy, who then handed it to Eret.

Once they'd all signed the page read.

DECLARATION OF

INDEPENDANCE

Signed:

Wilbur Soot

Tubbo

Tommy Innit

ERET

Wilbur began writing on the second page.

Forever Dream's group have

cast great sins upon

our great book bench.

They have robbed us.

Imprisoned us.

Threatened us. Caused severe injury to

many of our men.

This time of tyranny

ends with us.

Flipping the page yet again and writing until he'd finished each page he needed to. The whole thing, after the first two pages, read something quite like this.

This book declares

that the group which

shall be henceforth

known as L'Manburg is

seperate, emancipated

and independant from

Dream's group.

~

The union of the

masters of men.

Together we are one.

When in the course of

human events it

becomes necessary

for one to dissolve

the bonds which bind

us. Disregarding of

this truth is nothing

short of tyranny.

~

WE HOLD THESE TRUTHS

TO BE SELF EVIDENT.

THAT ALL _MEN_ ARE

CREATED EQUAL

The right of the

people exists above

the right of the king.

The right of the

government and the

right of the economy.

~

~

From the book bench

we shall prevail.

~

Life. Liberty. And the

pursuit of victory.

Wilbur closed the book and smiled.