Chapter 30

Level 455: Candyland

The group had evaded the faceling boat on Level 285, various other mundane levels, documenting each level they travelled through. They eventually came to and escaped Level 264 by finding a painting that looked like their current level and no clipping through.

Ant saw a person sitting on the ground. They looked up at the group. "Oh, hey!" They chirped. "Who are you?" Sam asked coldly. "No need for hostility man! I'm Eret! Just exploring like you guys! I'm just thinking about how I can get out."

While the conversation continued on, Ant looked around. The smell of thousands upon thousands of sweets overwhelmed his sense of smell. He didn't mind it. It was actually pretty nice. He made a mental note about how bright the level is. The floor was black and white squares in a checkerboard pattern. The walls were a bright purple and pink, housing purple shelves of candy. There were racks and stands around that contained even more.

"What are you looking around like that for Ant?" Ranboo asked. "I'm just noting the level's appearance." He shrugged, looking back at the group and Eret. "Yeah. It's eerie but feels kinda welcoming in a way." Eret said, finishing Ant's mental note. "It really does." Ponk agreed with a nod.

"Eret, you should stick with us. You've been here longer, you will know more about how this level works." Sam suggested with a sigh. "I'd love to tag along! I've been getting lonely and running out of Almond Water and I got scratched by a hound a few levels back, it might be infected by now." Eret rambled, clearly happy to see people. "I can check that out when we get to the Hub." Ant commented.

"If I survive that long." Eret joked. Ant gazed at Eret with a look of concern. "Don't be a downer Eret!" Quackity groaned. "Yeah! I'll make sure you survive." Ant promised. Eret chuckled before responding in a sing-song voice, "Foreshadowing!". The group stared at her before Ponk tilted his head, "W-What do you mean, Eret?". They just shrugged, "Nothing... Nothing." He smiled.

Quackity shook his head and began walking, looking at a rack of candy bars. Ant walked over quickly when Quackity made a confused noise. "What is it, Q?" Ant asked. Quackity handed the candy bar over to Ant. The wrapper stated 'Backrooms Bar' and had a photo of Level 83 on it. "It's the rose level..." Ant put it down and grabbed another. The one he held now had Level 0. The third, Level 7. Every bar had a different level but Ant soon found one with a photo of the Hub.

"I have an idea of how to get out. If we eat those we might be able to go to that level!" Eret suggested, looking at the rack too. "Well then we need to search for some that all go to the Hub!" Ranboo bounced slightly, excited.

Ant knocked all the bars to the floor and began rummaging through them. "Level 1 would work too! We know the way!" Quackity chirped, helping Ant go through the candy. "I actually don't." Eret hummed. "Well, you can get a bar for the Hub." Ant smiled at him before turning back. Eret walked over and crouched down, going through the bars too. It didn't take long until everyone was going through them. The group found five bars for the Hub and began searching for one last bar but only found one for Level 1. "I'll take Level 1." Sam said, grabbing the bar before anyone could protest.

Everyone unwrapped their bars and began to eat them. If Ant had to describe what he thought the Hub would taste like, it'd be this bar. It was almost gag worthy but Ant had ingested worse tasting things. The bar tasted of dirt, blood, sweat, tears, rust, and other things. Ant took the last bite and felt his body fall through the floor.