Chapter 32

The Hub

"Sapnap and Karl do you have any lighters?" Wilbur asked, looking at them. Karl shook his head but Sapnap reached into his bag of personal items and handed a handful of them over. "Why do you guys need more lighters? I gave you like... sixteen last week." Sapnap asked. Tommy and Tubbo just looked at Wilbur. "No reason." Tommy chuckled.

Sapnap just rolled his eyes. "Okay whatever."."Hey Wilbur, what did you ask Eret the other day?" Karl asked. Wilbur signalled the teens to go away before speaking when they'd walked away with the lighters. "I'd asked if she'd like to join a little group with me, Tommy, and Tubbo." Wilbur shrugged.

"What'd he say?" Karl hummed. Wilbur sighed before responding, "They said he'd think about it.". Before Karl could ask anything more about it, Wilbur walked away. Karl looked at Sapnap but the raven didn't have any answers.

"They've been acting really weird lately." Dream said, leaning against a doorway. Sapnap nodded, "They really have.". Dream huffed and sat down with Karl and Sapnap, "They've asked me for lighters too. I think they've done that to everyone but each other."

"Did they tell you why they needed them?" Karl asked, raising an eyebrow. Dream shook his head. "No. I also lied and told them I didn't have any." the blond shrugged.

~~~

Wilbur watched and listened to the conversation. 'Asshole.' he thought to himself. He found it annoying that Dream lied to him. "He's not fit to lead the group. He's a liar, a coward." Wilbur whispered to Tommy and Tubbo.

Tommy nodded, "I don't really care for him much.". "We should split off! Just our little group!" Tubbo suggested. "That's stupid Tubbo. We wouldn't stand a chance against them." Tommy huffed, rolling his eyes.

"Actually, we would. Tubbo you're a genius!" Wilbur chuckled. Tommy looked a little annoyed but remained quiet. "We just need to convince Eret and Fundy to join. They'd make great assets!" Wilbur hummed.

"But didn't Eret say that he'd think about it?" Tommy asked. "Yes, but that's why we need to convince her!" Wilbur said. "Is this why we're collecting the lighters? You never actually told us." Tubbo said. Wilbur nodded. "It's either this or drugs. And we don't have any drugs." Wilbur grinned.

"Drugs sound like the more fun option!" Tommy chuckled. Tubbo giggled along with his friend. "So it's decided! We will become our own group!" Wilbur said, putting his hand to the cold concrete, "Who's with me?"

Tommy put his hand down on Wilbur's and Tubbo joined in. "Man this sounds really pog already!" Tommy laughed out. "But what would we call our group?" Wilbur pondered out loud. "How about... L'manburg?" Tommy asked.

Wilbur silently thought about it. 'That would be a good name.'. "Yes! We'll be L'manburg!" Wilbur said, decided the name was good enough to be their group name. "Let's go scout out an area boys!" Wilbur smiled, standing up.

The three walked a bit away and used random books to set up a makeshift wall. Without warning Eret walked over. "Can you tell me more about your new group?" She asked. "It's called L'manburg!" Tubbo said proudly. "Tommy named it." Wilbur smiled. Eret nodded for a moment, thinking to himself. "If you're splitting away from Dream's group, you'll need a few more members to stop him from any comments." Eret said, sitting down and helping build the book-fortress. "I'm in."

"I need to go ask Fundy if he'd join." Wilbur mentioned, standing up. Wilbur jogged over to where Dream's group sat. Wilbur scanned the area for the red-head before spotting him. "Ah Fundy! I need to speak with you real quick!" Wilbur smiled. Fundy got up, "Oh o-okay?". Wilbur and Fundy walked closer to where L'manburg was. "You know I see you as a son, right Fundy?"

"Yeah?" Fundy said, confused. He looked at Wilbur. "I'd like it if my 'son' joined my new group." Wilbur declared. "Why? What is it called? Wilbur, what is the point of this?" Fundy asked. "It's called L'manburg. We all know Dream isn't fit to lead. Hell, Sam does more leading than Dream. Why should we listen to him if he doesn't lead us?" Wilbur proclaimed.

Fundy thought for quite a while. So long that Wilbur began wondering if Fundy was going to tell Dream. "Fine, I'll join. I see where you're coming from. Not that I think it's entirely fair but I see your point."

Tommy looked up from placing books and smiled. "Fundy, are you joining us?" He asked. "Yeah, I guess I am." Fundy huffed, rubbing the back of his neck.