𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻

Author: pawnshopbleus

summary - Anon requested “ On their anniversary, the reader is stood up by Robin.”

warnings - fluff, very light angst, like one curse word, very very very short and sweet, I wrote this in like fifteen minutes (I’m sorry). 

word count - 0.3k

--------------------

YOU HAD everything planned to a T. It took you hours to make sure that everything was perfect. Robin would come home to see you sitting at the table, your face illuminated under the soft glow of the candles you lit. You were excited to see her reaction but when the clock read 7:30 your eyes went straight to the door yet there was silence. Weird you thought Robins usually home by this time.

After ten minutes of sitting at the table and waiting, you became antsy. Your eyes were glued to the clock as you watched the red hand tick by every second. Each tick was a reminder that your girlfriend was late.

After thirty minutes, you began eating the food that was on your plate. You wanted to wait for Robin to get home but your food already had gotten cold. You pushed the cold mashed potatoes around with a fork and grimaced when the substance went down your throat. You sighed and pushed your plate away from you and sat back in your chair.

After an hour of waiting, you decided to get up off of your ass and call Family Video to see if she was still working. You picked up the yellow telephone on the opposite end of the kitchen and dialed the number that was all too familiar to you.

“Family video this is Steve speaking.”

“Steve, it’s me,” you sighed into the phone, “is Robin there?”

“Hold on one second,” he said. After a second you could hear him shout her name from the other end of the phone.

“Hey,” Robin’s voice filled your ears.

“Why didn’t you tell me you were working late? I made dinner for you and everything. I even wore the dress you liked,” you whined.

“What day is it?” she asked. You could tell the question wasn’t directed at you but at Steve. Moments later you could hear her whisper her favorite curse word. “I’ll be home as soon as I can.”

Ten minutes later, Robin’s keys were heard unlocking the door. Once inside, she called out your name. You appeared from the bedroom, your mascara and lipstick was a bit smudged but your dress still looked nice.

Robin rushed over to you and wrapped her arms around you, bringing you into a big bear hug.

“I’m so sorry I forgot our anniversary. I promise i’ll never do it again,” she whispered as she placed kisses all over your face.

You may have planned out the perfect anniversary but this was way better.