Ex's coworker

Author: rainydayathogwarts

Summary: You have an undying crush on your ex's coworker and are not shy to act upon it.

short blurb

-------

When Steve spotted you walking into Scoops wearing a shirt with the lowest neckline he'd seen on you, he was confident you were here to win him back. He puffed his chest out, momentarily taking his hat off to run a hand through his hair.

You flashed him a brief, distracted smile, eyes roaming the shop for a specific person. He looked at your outfit and smirked "All for me?" You scoffed, shaking your head. A freshly manicured hand reached up from your side, nails tapping against the counter. "Steve! Can you reach that for me please?" Yelled someone from the back room, catching both of your attention. Steve's smile dropped, and he rolled his eyes, going to the backroom while his coworker came into view.

You straightened your posture, watching her as though she were walking in slow motion. You put on your most flattering smile, and fluttered your eyelashes lightly. "Hey Robin." You grinned flirtatiously. "Hey Y/N, what. can I get you?" She asked, unaware of your attempt to grasp her attention. "Just a chocolate cone please."

You leaned over the counter, watching as she prepared your cone. She turned to you, eyes dropping to your exposed cleavage for a little too long before catching herself and smiling to you. A blush grazed her cheeks and you made sure to brush your fingers against hers as you took the cone from her and handed her the money.

"By the way, Robin." You spoke as Steve re-entered the room with a small box in hand. "There's a party happening at my place if you're interested. I'd love to see you there." You looked up at her through your lashes as you handed her a brightly coloured invitation. "Hey Y/N" You sighed as Steve acknowledged you, your smile momentarily dropping. "Hi Steve." You turned your attention back to Robin, saying "It's limited invites. Can I count on seeing you there?" You licked your ice cream, holding eye contact with her as she nodded quickly, her cheeks flushing once more. "Great!"

You turned on your heels, walking out of the store and flicking your hair back, hoping she got the hint. Steve and Robin both stared, confused, as you left Scoops. "Hey Steve, did you-" "Yeah. Yeah." "And do you mind if I-" "Nope, go for it." He spoke as he slumped down a chair, eyes wide.