𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘁

Author: outerspacebisexual

Summary: Your relationship with Robin was wavering, and you couldn't help but think it was because of you.

Pairing: Robin Buckley x Reader

Word count: 2.4k

Warnings: mild SPOILERS for Season 4 Vol. 1, swearing, angst, fluff, miscommunication trope (rip sorry) kinda but not really

-------------------

Who knew that relationships could be perfect one second and rocky the next?

You weren’t quite sure when your relationship with Robin started to go downhill. Everything had been absolutely perfect. Sure, you had a shitty job at the local diner, and you were trying to work out how to defer your college acceptance for a year to wait for Robin to graduate, but you had the most amazing girlfriend.

You and Robin had first met when you called into Scoops Ahoy to see Steve, not expecting to see the most beautiful woman you’d ever laid eyes on.

The feeling had been mutual, because between her rambling and you stumbling over your words, you managed to ask her on a date and she had accepted.

That had been over a year ago now.

Now, you were crying in your room trying to work out where things went wrong. You couldn’t pinpoint a specific moment. You’d had your fair share of arguments together, but didn’t every couple?

Everything had begun to build up, and you weren’t sure if it there was any coming back from it.

At this point, you and Robin practically lived together. Your parents were always out of town, courtesy of them working with the Harringtons. So, that meant that the two of you could do whatever the hell you wanted all the time.

Your house was bigger than hers and it was closer to her work, which she loved. And she had said that living with you like this was just ‘practice for the real thing’.

But lately, you were feeling more and more like you lived by yourself.

Robin was coming over less and less, with what had started as her being over most nights, had dwindled down to maybe one or two nights a week if you were lucky.

Your job had been giving you less hours, too, so you noticed her absence more and more.

Like tonight, when you were supposed to be having an afternoon of movies, but she wasn’t there. You had waited two hours on the couch, the food you had cooked growing cold on the coffee table.

You couldn’t even bring yourself to eat.

By the third hour, you had started to cry.

By the fourth, you had gone up to your room.

It wasn’t until the sixth hour that the phone rang. You ignored it once, but it rang again, the shrill noise splitting your eardrums.

You reached over to the phone on your bedside and picked it up. “Hello?”

“Hey, it’s me.” You could barely hear her over the sound of people cheering. “Hey, listen, I’m still at Lucas’s game and the gang are going out afterwards, so I won’t be home tonight.”

Home. That should have made your heart flutter, but instead it filled you with an unbearable sadness that she hadn’t been home for three days.

“Yeah, OK.” You didn’t have it in you to fight about it now.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, and the tears began to form again.

“Nothing,” you managed, palming your nose to try and stop the tears. “I’ll see you later?”