𝗕𝗹𝘂𝗲 𝗽𝘁.2

Author: strvngerrose

CW: swearing

-----------------

You jumped when you heard three loud bangs on your front door. When you moved to get it, lifting your tear-streaked face off of Steve's chest, he gently pushed you back down, assuring you that he would get it. You were too devastated to argue.

Steve made his way downstairs and opened the door to an anxious, pacing Robin. She stopped in her tracks when the door swung open and faced Steve.

"Where is she? Is she okay? I looked around the whole party and everyone said she left but they didn't know with who. I was worried sick." She moved to step her foot through the threshold of the door but Steve blocked her.

"She's fine, well physically." Steve shook his head and sighed, "She needs some space, Robin. I'll take you home and you can come back by tomorrow."

"No," She stated firmly, crossing her arms, "I need to see her."

"Rob, she doesn't need any more heartbreak right now, just please-"

"Heartbreak?" She blurted, "What do you mean heartbreak?"

Steve silently scolded himself for his mistake. He knew that telling Robin more information would make her even more determined to see you tonight.

"It's not my place to tell you any of that. Like I said, come back-" Robin pushed past him as he spoke and dashed for the stairs. "Hey! Rob, I said-"

But she had already made it to your bedroom and pushed your door open slowly. She was met with the sight of your form in your bed, under the covers, and facing away from the door.

"y/n, thank god. I was looking for you everywhere."

"Well that's a first, isn't it?" You bit back, sitting up and turning to face the blonde.

Before she could retort, Steve stepped into the room, about to give her hell for bothering you.

"I'll leave when she tells me to, Harrington." She groans, looking at you expectantly.

"She can stay," You decided.

You had so much that you needed to say to her, so much that you kept bottled up for so long as not to disturb her happiness, but at your expense. You thought that especially after the events of tonight, you deserved to let her have it because as hurt as you were, you were also angry.

Steve threw his hands up in surrender and backed out of the room, closing the door behind him.

"What do you mean 'that's a first,' y/n? I was so fucking worried about you." She spat, beginning to pace around your bedroom.

"Robin, you haven't cared about me for months! I'm surprised that you even noticed that I left the party!" You shouted, tears threatening to start falling once again, "You've been ditching me at parties to hang out with Vickie, canceling our weekly movie nights to go to Vickie's house," You scoff, furiously wiping a tear from your cheek, "You've even been eating lunch with her and leaving me at our table alone. And when we are together, she's all you talk about. Our conversations have all been Vickie-centered! You haven't asked about me in who knows how long! And you know what? I haven't said anything to you because I didn't want to get in the way of your goddamn happiness!" You took a calming breath before continuing, "I'm tired of feeling like my only purpose in your life is to serve as a listening ear for your one-sided conversations and a shoulder for you to lean on when you won't offer me the same."

"That's not fair and you know it, y/n!" She spat as she continued to pace a hole in your bedroom floor, "It's not my fault that you didn't speak up. I can't read your mind!"