Chapter 7 ~ Science Substitute

The doctors let me out with a medical note to give to my principal, basically stating how I was unconscious and to not expect too much from me...also considering my shoulders just got released from their bandage prison. My parents were lightening up and becoming more gentle as the days went on. At school, Noelle passes by and takes deep breathes every time she can. She's follows around this group of girls and I know she secretly doesn't want to be around them, she just feels lonely with no one to talk to or hang out with. That was until she stopped by my locker and confessed how much she missed me.

"Hey," she awkwardly tip-toed towards my locker.

"Hey, locker-stopper, what's up with you?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I heard you were in the hospital," she said each and every word very carefully.

I perked up my eyebrows in an 'oh did you?' way.

"So, are you okay? I've...been worried about you, look, can we..." she fiddled with her fingers and looked up at me.

"Yes, we can be friends again," I smiled as I held my arms out for a hug.

She walked right into me and grasped me tightly.

"The Prixx and Elle duo is back!" She smiled.

"Yeah, now you can drop that group of girls," I said.

She looked down and forced a smile, "Yeah..." it faded out at the end.

"Well-" I got cut off from an approaching teacher.

"Prixley, I'm so glad you're safe," that bright smile and gentle voice was immediately recognizable.

"Mrs. Brock! Hi!" I smiled.

Noelle looked very surprised, her mouth was dropping open.

"I'm so sorry for what happened to you, if I had known-"

"No, no, you're fine, don't feel guilty." I assured her.

We had a moment of silence, Noelle had an awkward smile on her face, Mrs. Brock smiled at me, I smiled back at her, it was just an awkward smiling session. The bell rang and we headed to where we all needed to be, I needed to go to Science class, Noelle needed to go to English class, and Mrs. Brock had to teach English class.

I made my way to Mrs. Evans' room, but was surprised when I saw another teacher walk in. To my surprise, everyone already knew who he was. I was confused and hadn't heard anything about a new teacher coming in.

"Hello, everyone." He had a mischievous smile on his face.

I suddenly felt queasy inside and didn't feel comfortable in this room anymore.

"Hello, Mr. Faroune." Everyone said in unison.

He smiled and let the greetings surround him.

"For today's..." he scanned the room but his eyes focused on me, he looked me up and down, there was a slight pause before he started talking again, "...For today's topic, I would like to focus on mental disabilities," he rose his eyebrows and looked at me as he said, "mental disabilities."

I started breathing heavy and looking down at my hands that were now quivering. I tried to calm myself down but I started to feel cold, goosebumps began to come up on my arms and slowly down my legs. Maybe it was the fact that I was sitting in a Science room, they're always cold, or maybe it was the fact that this guy was a creep and giving a lesson on mental disabilities when we should be hearing Science stuff. I rubbed my eyes and held my hands against my head that was now pounding like never before. I closed my eyes and all I could see were clocks ticking faster and faster, until they stopped. I heard the loud voices of my classmates booming across the walls. I slowly reconnected myself to reality, the reality where I am sitting in the busy school of Chestville Junior High. I heard the bell ringing, I slowly looked up to see the teacher placing the chalk back into place and wiping down the board. I quickly picked up my things and ran out the door with only a mere look of Mr. Faroune catching onto me.

                                           ~~~

I ran home, jumped onto my bed, and covered my face with the pillow only to rip it off my body and gather as much air as I could. I calmed down and zoned out fairly quickly, this one was short, though, not as long as they've been before.

I grabbed my phone out of my bag and saw two new messages from Noelle.

It read, 'Welcome, are you here' which confused me because she never asked about coming over to my house or meeting me anywhere. The next one really concerned me, 'out comes one, in go four'. I texted her back asking if she was okay, but I didn't get a response. My mom called me down for dinner and I rushed down to the smell of burning.